DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: Jack Up Your Car

Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i splurged and bought a really nice low profile jack from advance auto parts. it sits like 2.5 inches off the ground.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I bought a nice one too. If you're thinking about getting one, just do it. I was too cheap to get one, and just kept using the stock one whenever I needed to jack the car up, but it go to be time consuming and too much of a hassle. Now I only need it to get the car up about 1" to get my other jack under the sideskirts.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

depending on the situation and type of jack you use, you may find it beneficial to jack up the whole side of the vehical using the rear jacking point, then stick the jackstand under the front jack point.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:17 PM

hi on my car the strip that is shown to jack up on is bent on both side any way to sort it?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
DTN

^^ how did you manage that one? You should use the rear jacking point with a hydraulic jack and put jack stands under any steady piece of the frame.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM

to late now any way to fix it the strip is bent on driver and passenger side at the front also i have lost my owners handbook and wallet and all service records any way of obtaining that info please
Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 PM

on the front jacking point, on my car, thats where i used to use, and it has messed up my front core support. if you jack it up from right there with your hood up, you can physically watch the part in front of your radiator flex the more you jack it up.

now my hood rattles from the bend. kinda shitty. ive started trying other places to jack up the car, or only keep the weight on that part for short periods of time. i even pointed it out to a hyundai tech when we were discussing it, he didnt believe me till i pointed it out, and even with it on the ground how my front end is slightly curved upward now. even my radiator tie down is awkard shaped now from it.

im in no way trying to start a flame war, just saying ive ran into issues using that jacking point, and it took years for me to realize the damage it was causing. i have no idea what hyunai was thinking but owell. cars and old pile anyway's. its supposed to rattle and creak over stupid things
Old 04-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

well my front most driver side of the hood by the headlight has been shaking recently, wonder if that could be the reason, that sucks 02.gif
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Apr 3 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>on the front jacking point, on my car, thats where i used to use, and it has messed up my front core support. if you jack it up from right there with your hood up, you can physically watch the part in front of your radiator flex the more you jack it up.

now my hood rattles from the bend. kinda shitty. ive started trying other places to jack up the car, or only keep the weight on that part for short periods of time. i even pointed it out to a hyundai tech when we were discussing it, he didnt believe me till i pointed it out, and even with it on the ground how my front end is slightly curved upward now. even my radiator tie down is awkard shaped now from it.

im in no way trying to start a flame war, just saying ive ran into issues using that jacking point, and it took years for me to realize the damage it was causing. i have no idea what hyunai was thinking but owell. cars and old pile anyway's. its supposed to rattle and creak over stupid things</div>

lmao.gif Dude, adjust your hood screws.. The little rubber bumpers on either side... that's what they're there for.

As for the radiator, yes the frame will give some. That in no way effects the operation of your hood bumpers.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

hahah well now i feel stupid lol

gona have to check out it, hope its as simple as that,