DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Install Nitrous Oxide - Zex

Old 05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For scratched and dented kits, you want the EFI wet system 4&6 cyl.
http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/..._Code=CLEARANCE

Come to think about it, If I knew that I was going to be painting everything in the kit, i'd have probly just purchased a <span style="font-family:Arial">82021SD</span>
for $529 instead of $700. Be careful though. Structural integrity may be comprimised. If you have a scratched hose it may turn into a leaky hose. You can smell automotive nitrous though, it smells like burnt sulfur from a match. They add sulfur dioxide. If your kit leaks, make sure you replace the hose. It is dangerous and bottle refils aren't the cheapest thing in the world.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, I see where we differed. I've been looking at nitrous express, rather then zex.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:24 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loneshark @ May 14 2007, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>holy shit man, nice write up !! thats how you do a DIY !!

shit you could make a few bux just selling a template on how to write up a DIY !!

looks sweet !! have you dynoed yet with spray ??</div>

Didn't notice this. Thanks for the props mang. At least I know I'm appreciated.

It's a 50 shot. That means 50 HP more then whatever I had before. The good ol' butt dyno says "god damn that feels good!"

It's pretty amazing when you press your foot down on the pedal though. You're lightly accellerating... and then when you hit that one point, it's like you mashed the pedal through the floorboard.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The shot doesnt guarantee thats how much horsepower you gained, its an estimate. Sometimes you get a bit more sometimes you get a bit less depending on existing mods, tuning, conditions, and such.

"It's pretty amazing when you press your foot down on the pedal though. You're lightly accellerating... and then when you hit that one point, it's like you mashed the pedal through the floorboard."

Get that with boost too, from 30% throttle up wink1.gif
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
DTN

^^ based on bottle pressure as well. The pressure pretty much stays at 900PSI (liquid point for nitrous) until all the liquid is gone, then it drops quickly. The liquid turns to gas at 737 PSI.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

so when your spraying gas, does it still have that suuuuuuuurge effect on the throttle ? and is there a way to keep the pressure above 737 ?? bottle warmer ??
Old 05-16-2007, 12:45 AM
DTN

The service guy will probly fill your bottle to 950 or so-ish. It will stay there for a while, but then after you use if for about3 minutes of full throttle it will start to go down. This is because the bottle is only filled with so much liquid nitrous oxide, the rest is gas. Under pressure it will do that. When you get down to just gas 737psi, it will start to drop quickly. You can increase the pressure and get more liquid nitrous from the gas by using a bottle heater.... Or you can just get another fill up.

It dosn't really matter because the speed shop you fill your bottle at will charge you by the pound.

In my experience with N2O in hospitals, we deal with large tanks that are used slowly through the course of months. The pressure stays relatively the same until you reach the very last bit. It's kinda hard for me to understand even, but for some physics reason, the liquid Nitrous Oxide repleneshes the gas which takes up space inside the tank. You can actually pick up a tank and shake it to hear the liquid sloshing around. The gas is at a pressure of 737 or less, but the liquid is at a pressure of 737 or more. As you use it, the level of liquid nitrous physically goes down inside the tank and more of the tank is filled with gas. THe bottle pressure is still relatively the same until you run out of liquid nitrous. Then you start running on just gas. The gas will move easier through the tube and pressure will drop quickly.

I don't really know what you mean by surge effect. Basically you drain the bottle from the bottom of it and it goes into your engine. There's a surge when you open the bottle. But the nitrous that enters your intake is metered by jets. There is no surge when you spray, just a flow.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

well, what i mean is, on a full bottle, when you floor it, and hit like 4k RPM, you hit the torque on the motor, and get that surge of power,

so.. when the bottle is on gas, not liquid, does it still feel the same, do you know by the feeling that you are low on nitrous, do you know when its liquid or gas, by the feel of the acceleration ?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
DTN

I really didn't use it much below 4000 RPM. I couldn't tell you.

BRB.. i'm going to radio shack to get parts to make a machine gun purge and I'll have an answer for you.

Um, No. There's no difference when you hit any RPM. It's best to use it betwen 4,500RPM and 6,000RPM as that's where our power band sits. You should NEVER take it to 6,500 RPM and allow the fuel cutoff to happen. It may damage the engine from detonation.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:12 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ May 11 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This kit comes with a 10LB bottle. It's enough to last about 10 minutes of boost.</div>
You're wrong man, @750psi with a 50 hp shot your 10lb bottle would last only 3 min 48 sec of continuous use (nitrous consumption rate with 50 shot is 2.616 lb/min) cool.gif