DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY?!!? for a fuel filter replace?

Old 07-07-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, hope averyone doing fine, I have a question, does anyone already replaced the fuel filter in a 2000 Tiburon!?.....

if anyone has pics and want to send me a few... thanks....

anyone can xplain it to me?!

thanks!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:36 PM

If you go here http://hmaservice.com/webtech/ and choose your car @ the top left area, then click shop, itll load the bible on your car laugh.gif Just goto Fuel System category, then Fuel Delivery System, and Fuel Filter Replacement .. laugh.gif

*EDIT* If you want a DIY, ill make one up, as i need to replace my filter too, probably this weekend..
Old 07-07-2004, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

The filter is an easy job, just undo the fittings and remove and replace with the new 1. Have a look at the new one before you start so you know what goes where.
Big warning though, be sure to cover the top of the filter with a rag before diconecting the fitting from the top of the filter, as it is a pressurised system and the fuel inside the filter will be under pressure even though the pump is not going. You do not want to get a face full of fuel.
If you want to see pics, go to webtech. There isn't much on there telling you how to do it though, probably bc it's not hard to figure out.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:11 PM

got a stupid question... where is the dumb thing located
Old 07-07-2004, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

At the rear of the engine bay, on side wall to the right as you look at it from the front of the car (gear box end). Follow the metal pipe from the fuel rail.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx)</div><div class='quotemain'>The filter is an easy job, just undo the fittings and remove and replace with the new 1. Have a look at the new one before you start so you know what goes where.
Big warning though, be sure to cover the top of the filter with a rag before diconecting the fitting from the top of the filter, as it is a pressurised system and the fuel inside the filter will be under pressure even though the pump is not going. You do not want to get a face full of fuel.
If you want to see pics, go to webtech. There isn't much on there telling you how to do it though, probably bc it's not hard to figure out.</div>

ok thanks!.... if you can send me pics or put it here, thanks a lot, just let me know if you will do this, this weekend...

thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

to the left of the pic
Old 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM

Easy job? Mine was a b!tch! Changing my brake lines was a lot easier (if more work) than changing the fuel filter. The space is really tight, and I had to get my neighbour (who has smaller hands than me) to help me change it.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

It's easy as long as it isn't locked in there. I had to get mine done at a shop, I was afraid I was going to crack the fuel lines trying to get it loose.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

use wd-40 about 6hours beforehand and drench the connections, for some reason Hyundai has them real tight.
it will save your knuckles.