DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: Dancing Leds.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it could look like this when you get done

Click the video to start
Old 08-08-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow.

Not bad, but not as bright as you said.

Why don't you do the REDZ Trunk Light Mod and get rid of that BS OEM trunk light?

You gonna be selling these boxes?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM
DTN

^^They ARE as bright as i said. They aren't shaved. You are seeing a reflection from the side of the chrome LED holders. I didn't have the volume all the way up, so that you could see the effect better instead of them being just on or off. It works better with slower songs.

You can see them just fine in the daytime. At night time, in a lighted parking lot, i could see the blue light reflecting on my grey shirt from 8 car distances away from the back of my vehical. Durring the day time, it still catches your eye and I gaurantee you will spend a minimum of 15 secconds looking at them at NOPI. Everyone at the local car show did.... 15 secconds minimum. including the judges.

I'll sell them if theres an interest. I assume if someone wants them they'll eventually PM me about it. I could either do a kit with the box, holders, and LEDs, and you install it, or I could have them send the rear hatch cover and I install it.

Just so you know, at full volume, all of the LEDs reach full brightness at the same time, when the zeners max out at 12V. Every LED is the same brightness. But they don't present the same show when volume is maxed. notice you could hear the door chime over my sterio.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 PM

DTN you must have way to much free time. Thats pretty sick though.

I thought there was away to tap into the power of the radio, damn Best Buy tech. didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:19 PM
DTN

^^ you can, but you will draw up to 2 watts from your 18W RMS. not a good idea. You want to draw from a higher rated source such as a 2nd channel of an amplifier.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Since I'm building a show car I'd love to get this setup. Purple LEDs of course... wink1.gif

I'll probably just have you put it together for me though...
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
DTN

^^ what level of putting it together would you be interested in? I can build the box, make a kit, send all parts required, but regardless you'll need to drill holes where you want them for $75
Old 08-14-2006, 05:14 PM

Hmmm.... Sounds good to me. Might be a little while yet though. I should figure out where I want them to go and possibly design my sub box first. I also have the plexiglass spare tire cover to incorporate. I haven't put a lot of thought into the stereo yet, that is a project I planned on over the winter. I love what you have done though and like it much better than the cheezy blinking neons. How many LEDs do you plan incorporating in your set-up? I may go crazy myself......
Old 08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
DTN

i don't plan on going any further. I have 12 across the rear hatch, 6 in control boxes and 6 in my rear speakers. I'm running 2 control boxes. My standard one is working fine. I'm currently working on a digitally (schmitt) switched control box which will actually be a stand-alone LED amplifier. the 3 levels will be determined by the circuit, eliminating the need for calibration. Also I'm working on keeping level 3 on longer and brighter then the rest. But, I keep blowing up components because i tweak the pot too much
Old 08-14-2006, 06:24 PM

Let us know how that goes. May be better to go that route and no deal with the calibration.