DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: Create Own Nitrous Setup

Old 08-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I've been looking into some little things to do myself to my car. Some things as I could do on the side to just have fun and ran into a couple articles and the Nitrous DIY written by DTN (Very nice by the way).

Well I've come the conclusion to create my own nitrous system. I will be buying each piece separate and modifying (with the help of others of course) to create my own nitrous system (which will also be much cheaper). The system will not look like the Zex system of N.O.S.'s but will definitely serve the purpose and be much cheaper.

If anyone would like to see me work through this journey and also have me make a final "shopping" list (possibly, depending on how easy I would want to make it for others to create one nana.gif ) I will document and take pictures through this whole process.

Anyone interested?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Absolutely, if you can tell me how to do it cheaply, quality, and most important SAFELY I'll follow your steps. smile.gif
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Speed shops sell everything you need to do this. It may cost more in the end. What type of system are you looking to build? How do you want it activated?

Keep in mind that you've got alot to research in the way of AN sizes, pressure fittings and sealing threads. After you do that, it's all about solenoids, power, nitrous storage and hoses.

Also, ZEX and NOS are completely separate. You mean the MFI system of ZEX.

BTW.. if you would like some help, just ask. There's alot of other things to consider as far as building a nitrous system. You have to take into account pressures, voltages, reverse EMF, power supplies and that sort of thing. I'm just saying, if you need help, ask for it. I'm trained by the army to work with Nitrous Oxide. I was going to build my own. I went for the kit in the end because it was alot simpler and I had someone else to blame if anything went wrong. I've got a much better understanding of automotive nitrous applications now though.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 PM

In repsonse to DrivingTibNaked:
Well right now I'm still reading up on everything. I definitely don't want to make a move towards this and not know what I'm doing. So as of now I'm still in the "Research" category as far as that goes.

I'm still deciding on everything also. As it looks it will be a basic ~50 shot, maybe even a little bit less so I can have some time to play around with it a bit.

Sorry, I meant to say the Zex system <u>AND</u> N.O.S'. My apologies.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I'll definitely be asking questions and also probably asking for verifications! Don't want to ruin my car. LOL

In response to Caj Darkmoon
I'm going to be trying to make it a completely safe,cheap, and reliable alternative to the "big name" systems! I'll letcha know and keep all you guys updated on it after I install it also to see if I run into any problems.

Another reason I'd like to create my own is for my personal knowledge. I LOVE knowing WHY/WHEN/HOW things work and Nitrous Oxide for cars is another one of them things where people talk a lot and many people don't know how it actually work. I would like to know everything and I believe the best way is making a foolproof system from scratch.

Also, I would like to apologize for placing this in the wrong category. If a mod would, could you possibly move it to the PowerAdders/Extreme Mods if it's more suitable. Sorry!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

for all the hoses, fittings, and other little bits, make sure to check out summitracing.com and also pitstopusa.com

i got brake lines from pitstopusa for my diy wilwood bbk and they were only 15 bucks a piece. im sure other hoses are just as cheap.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

$15 a pop omfg.gif

I'm all for saving a buck when you can but for me, when it comes to something like brake lines... I don't mind spending the xtra $15 a line. LOL. Don't get too cheap! wink1.gif
Old 08-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Wow this sounds like a great idea. I think I speak for many, many others not only myself when I say I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives to achieve big power. If I could get a 50 in my car for a moderately cheap price, I'll totally jump on it. I'm geting more and more confident in each thing I do with my car, subs, stereo, angel eyes, LEDs, etc etc. I would love to get Nitrous and look forward to seeing how well this pans out!

I know its probably early, but do you have an estimate in price? Or maybe a website or price range of the kits you are trying to replicate?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I think this is a bad idea.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Check out this link for a lot of information for this project.

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/c...ous-system.htm
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM

In response to Jbob250:

I'm not sure about a price at the moment. One of the main websites I'll be getting information from and reading up on is http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/c...ous-system.htm (the site that Frozen posted also.) I'm trying to price things out right now, but I want to be sure I have the exact items I will be needing. Solenoids seem to be the biggest challenge and can drastically change the price of the system (depending if you modify standard solenoids or by Nitrous ready ones) and fluctuate. I'll definitely keep you updated and let you know as soon as I can.

I was in my brothers room (long story) the past couple days and didn't have it bookmarked and didn't have the address.

In response to Kantizuni:

It would depend on your sources, the amount of information you have, the quality of products you are using etc etc. I'm going to be doing this slowly with a lot of help from others so I can make this as reliable and safe as any kit out there.

In response to Patreezy:

Hopefully the parts will be somewhat cheap and reliable. I won't be searching through dumpsters and garbage trucks. wink1.gif

In response to tibby01

I'll have to check up on that!

I'll keep you guys updated! Thanks for the responses! Appreciate it!