DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy Center/floor Stabalizer Bar

Old 05-02-2005, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FINALLY~! one that isn't all in the way! and cheap too.....

i've been holding off on this bar just for the fact that i DO have people in the back every now and then (not often... but when I do, it's already hard enough).

good find.

8^)

and i'm gonna' add to a lot of things said here..... no matter what, it's better to have the bar there than nothing at all. wink1.gif
Old 05-02-2005, 08:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry folks, I forgot one step. 02.gif Our seat belt bolts have this large cylinder on them. I think they allow the belt to move back and forth. I had to drill the hole out to get this cylinder to go through. I used a 3/4" wood boring bit. I'll add this to the DIY tonight.

I am a very patient installer. I feel that half the fun of doing this stuff is taking your time and doing it right. I'd say I spent a good 2 hours installing it. Between cutting the brackets, boring out the holes for the seat belt bolts, Dremeling all my cuts, test fitting it numerous times before committing to finally installing it, getting another beer, and getting roomies opinions before I predrilled the holes for the anchors. Some of you may be able to do this much quicker than me, probably most of you. I just like to take my time with this kind of stuff!

2 cents and some pocket lint: It doesn't really matter how long it takes. Important thing is you have fun installing it, it helps your car's performance, and you learn somethin' in the process. laugh.gif
Old 05-02-2005, 09:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ May 2 2005, 06:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>2 cents and some pocket lint: It doesn't really matter how long it takes. Important thing is you have fun installing it, it helps your car's performance, and you learn somethin' in the process. laugh.gif
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

i know REDZey hates it when you phuckers quote the above post....

but i had to here!

i don't think i can find a more accurate statement of why i come to this site every day.

kudos sucka. 8^)
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peter_2150 @ May 2 2005, 08:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i saw it to. looks like it helps from the drive we had.

Word. That was one hell of a run. Lots of fun guys. You need to do the manual swap. LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ May 2 2005, 08:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>just get someone to hold their hand on it when you go for a drive. if it you can feel it stress around turns, then there is a use for it.

Chris, you should have seen how firm that sucker was before the crest run. With how loose it was when he got back to Colorado, it DEFINATELY took some stress.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ May 2 2005, 08:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>2 cents and some pocket lint: It doesn't really matter how long it takes. Important thing is you have fun installing it, it helps your car's performance, and you learn somethin' in the process. laugh.gif

Very very well said Tom.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The_Alpha_Male @ May 2 2005, 09:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know REDZey hates it when you phuckers quote the above post....

No I don't. It's folks that quote these huge posts, right above theirs, pictures and all, just to say "I agree" or something. Like I've said a dozen times, if you are picking apart a post or answering some small specific question, you are allright.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

How did I miss this?? This is great! tongue.gif
Old 07-22-2005, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Maybe I'll take pics of mine today. Friggin fantastic.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

could we try and get the pic back up? as it is now there is nothing to help with the install
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Here you go, the hosting site moved the image for some reason. MODS: would you mind changing my first post so others will see it on the opening page. Here is the new link:

Center Stabilizer DIY

Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

going through diys i came across this again. could someone put this on the first post, maybe save the pics to our photobucket and get them up for good
Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I agree with Ericy. Someone should do that to all that DIYs. BTW, very nice write up here.