DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Custom Bbk For Your Tiburon

Old 01-25-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

socks my 99% complete wilwood bbk cost less than his calipers so far, and i have two sets of pads. just need caliper brackets and a couple more hardware kits. not trying to knock what kuuno has done here just making sure there is no misinformation.

i'll have to make another writeup. my old one got wiped out when the site lost some posts. actually i made a write up for redz some time ago. it's attached in this post. still have all the part numbers and mock up pics. teasers...

Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM

nice pics tibby01!
it is always good to have many options and im pretty sure i would have bought the wilwoods if i found them anywhere here for 400EUR
right now the flanges are pretty much ready and everything can be installed to car but im waiting for coilovers to arrive

about the master cilinder! 99% it will work BUT not as good as bigger one so that should be a must change for the track!
Here im not trying to pass the chepaest solution because as im trying to do a track car for myself then most of the things are costly!

my todays pics are here:

Old 01-25-2008, 01:32 PM

everything about the kit is included in the .doc file i attached to that post, basically it was a lot of measuring, researching, and then scouring ebay/cheap places on the net to find the necessary parts.

a note on those brackets. they look excellent, but thought i'd tell you that a lot of the time caliper bracket manufacturers make just a flat piece, and then use spacers to push the calipers in or out.

i'm sure yours will work great though. i can only assume they do it that way to save on a bit of weight. still minimum, but every ounce helps when its unsprung.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM

<span style="color:red">Dont quote post above yours</span>

the material is pretty light so i was not worried about that adding weight
the disc and calipers itself are heavy... but yes you are very true about the unsprung weight..!

I went through your document and what i thought before came sout as true again..your prices over there are totally different than ours here
i could never get a set of that kind of rotors for 100usd or so-thatswhy i went for bmw and drilling the holes
calipers also...ebay and shipping here probably comes out as expensive as brembos
wish we had the same prices overhere smile.gif
Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM

yeah i was amazed at how cheap things were. the only thing i had to pay full price for were the rotor hats, at 125 a piece. imagine if i picked up those guys from ebay too. wink1.gif

i wouldnt be worried about the extra weight either. your calipers are radial mount aren't they?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

wow.. thats a good deal on that willwood stuff. i may have to look into that, as my stock brakes on the front especially, are warped and make alot of noise.

the caliper brackets look like they would be easy as hell to make.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:40 AM

<span style="color:red">Dont quote post above yours</span>

brackets were not really hard to do! just little logical thinking and precise measuring

i also thought little about the prices and actually this topic is not about cheaper or not.its about possible solution for everyone! smile.gif
get wilwoods for good price, M3 discs that are pretty large for really cheap, make the brackets and you have a good BBK for yourself smile.gif
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The cheapest I can ever find those calipers for is about $124 each on a site I found, that's it.

As for the other parts, I haven't looked at all of them, but it does look like it would be pretty cheap.

Chris, maybe you can get some closer looks at these brackets soon? If so, KFXPerformance may be able to offer a full BBK with all of the parts in the coming months.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:41 PM

i'm probably going to end up selling all of the parts i have soon. as much as i don't want to, i could really use the money and i have just lost the tuning bug right now.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
I'll take it all man. Get up on IM with me.