DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Alpha_male Interior Painting - Diy

Old 02-22-2007, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

not to be rude, i swear, but
This is straight off the back of my wet sand 400 grit package.

"sanding tips"
1. to increase sheet flexibility, soak it in water for 15min prior to use.

2. keeping sheet wet extends sanding life and improves finish.

3. for hand sanding, use with Norton..... etc. rest is irrelevent, but im just going off the company that makes the sand paper and is telling me how their sand paper works best.

your input could be from another brand of sand paper etc. umm yup.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:06 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^That's not on all sandpaper. That's also not wet-sanding.

Keeping the sheet wet is wet sanding. The other part is your company's way of making their sheet more durable. It's not part of wet sanding. I would not recommend pre-wetting sandpaper unless the manufacturer recommends it.

Wet sanding JUST keeps the grit out of the sandpaper. My grandfater was a jeweler. He had to wet sand/ wet grind gold and gems alot. Most of the time it was just a steady drip on top of the workpiece.

Also, make sure you use a sanding sponge. I always forget to say that part. if you keep going in lines you'll have finger or palm indents where you apply more pressure then other areas. If you do not have a sanding sponge, you can wrap the sandpaper in a wet sponge and just keep dipping it in the water as you go.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Nice tips guys. Before i paint ill probably be reading every painting thread i can find on the site.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM

I know this is old, but I'm having a problem. I have those pores popping up and I can't seem to get rid of them. Luckily, I'm in the prepping phase so I'm just at the primer. Any ideas how to get rid of them??