DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Accent LC beta swap DIY:

Old 03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost

anyone else got some photos how how close the belts are to the engine bay walls, I am thinking about do the swap, but I dont like that fact that I will have to remove the whole friggin engine to do a timing belt or change the auxillary belts, Sure looks like a full pain in the ass!

this is definately a brilliant write up, however im just curious with the clutch, flywheel, ect to bolt onto a 1.6L accent (LC2) gearbox, or if im going to that effort do I change the box as well?

Cheers Ryan
Old 03-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L
Talking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ryanator @ Mar 5 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>anyone else got some photos how how close the belts are to the engine bay walls, I am thinking about do the swap, but I dont like that fact that I will have to remove the whole friggin engine to do a timing belt or change the auxillary belts, Sure looks like a full pain in the ass!

this is definately a brilliant write up, however im just curious with the clutch, flywheel, ect to bolt onto a 1.6L accent (LC2) gearbox, or if im going to that effort do I change the box as well?

Cheers Ryan</div>

Im using 1.5 startere, i dont know what would have to be done for the 2.0. But if i had to guess i would say nothing.

The belts are extremly close to the wal. I can change all my belts except my timing belt. The LC2 gearbox should mount up to the 2.0 , if i remember correctly the housing is the same as the LC 1.5 vs LC 1.6. Fly wheel will be from the 2.0 and clutch you can use a scoupe turbo. shoud get you switching grears in no time.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jsharptooth91 @ Mar 21 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The belts are extremly close to the wal. I can change all my belts except my timing belt.</div>

Assuming the problem is that you cant access bolts to remove components. Why couldn't you just drill a couple 1.5" holes (into the wheel well) with a hole saw to allow access to critical bolts. you could then cap them with a rubber grommet to prevent watter from hittin the engine.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

This could be a solution. But you have to keep in mind that you are weakening the structure of the car. I havent looked into this and if its possible even if you drill holes.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010/honda/reborn

Its a very long article but i will read this in my spare time however i did read some of it which was good.