Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Wheres a good place to buy ink cartridges?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Wheres a good place to buy ink cartridges?

My black and color cartridges are getting low on ink for my home printer. Do any of you have a good website where I can buy ink thats not too expensive? I've tried the refill kits and it turned out to be a big mess, so I would prefer not to go that route. Some sites have cartridges that are so expensive, its just cheaper to buy a whole new printer. If you got a good tip for cheap ink, pass it over!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Refill cartridges are messy, but helps cheap. Its the DIY method.

If you paid $50 for the printer and the refils are $40, then buying a new printer for an extra $10 would basically be preventive maintenance.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ which is why I'm still obstinately refusing to get an ink printer. Color laser, dye sublimation, maybe if they fall into my budget. I'm not getting another disposable printer again anytime soon.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Only problem is the ink that comes in the new printer is generally the cheap, half-filled ones that last barely half the length of a fresh one from the store.

I just find toner cartriges on Amazon or somewhere for pretty cheap. Or for inkjet, the ones at walmart are cheap enough for my printer for now (~$15 for a black cartrige).