Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Update for the Laptop

Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default Update for the Laptop

Hey all, I got me one of these HP's:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...=26-54528606-2

So far so go after about a month of use. I use it for school/business work, some gaming and I make use of the hdmi/altec features. What I would like is to make it a more efficent, loading times seem to be a bit much for basic tasks. I like the Windows 7 software but I could easily switch it out for something else perhaps.

For the tech guys, should you have this platform and want to make it do every thing well but not to perfection what would you do? List software hardware whatever ya got, I'm not a total newb to this stuff but not hardcore either.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its a low power machine. It wont be good for gaming.. I'd recommend libre office. Chrome is a good browser for windows.

I generally use Linux. Http://Ubuntu.com/download its free. If you install through WUBI, it can be removed from uninstall programs in windows. If you're looking to try a new OS, use Ubuntu with WUBI. It will be faster than windows.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Already using chrome, have trened micro for security (like the laptop/game mode). Might try the new os, this is running over top windows then? I don't wanna purchase 7 again is all. Whats the advantage with Ubuntu ?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have a license, you can re-install 7 without having to purchase it again.

Edit: make that, a license and installation DVD