Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

In search of a good photo printer

Old 12-07-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default In search of a good photo printer

What kind of printer do you guys have at home? I'm looking for a printer that does good pics, wireless, and small or portable. I take a lot of pics with my phone and Nikon DSLR so being able print good quality stuff and can connect to my phone wirelessly is important. Dont care about scanning, faxing or any of that junk. Dont want anything that will break the bank either so if I can keep it under $100 or $75, then perfect.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Buy the cheap one at Walmart. When it runs out of ink, throw it away and buy the cheap one at Walmart.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I have a wireless Epson Workforce all in one that I like. I tried the cheap printers and they scam you with cartridges that contain very little ink. I pay about $80 to refill all my cartridges and they last 3 times as long.

Really, it is far cheaper to just take your files to CVS or Walmart to have them printed.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Best photo prints are done at your local photo shop. Walmart, cvs, walgreens. All are geat. It's easy and quick. Take em in with an SD card. I think you can even do it online and then go pick em up.

Inkjet has always dried up on me. Finally sucked it up and bought a good color laser printer. It's a brother. My toner lasts years and the print quality is always perfect. Photos are OK, but when I want a high quality print, I have it done professionally.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by DTN
Buy the cheap one at Walmart. When it runs out of ink, throw it away and buy the cheap one at Walmart.

You do realize that those ink cartridges tend to have half or less ink than the cartridges on the shelf, right?

I haven't done inkjet in years, but last time I checked refilling cartridges was cheap and effective.

I use an OKI color laser at home and have for years. The toner for mine is petroleum based so the price fluctuates quite a bit, but the print quality is fantastic and I only replace toner every 3-4 years.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Look into getting a Canon Selphy

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Compact-.../dp/B00HK8V4NC

I have one for my photo booth when I do weddings and private events. It prints out really really good pics that look like they were done at a place like CVS, Target, etc...