Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

One more reason why Andoid > iPhone

Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default One more reason why Andoid > iPhone

iPhone 5 wont have 4G

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20056230-64.html

I'm really surprised to hear this, considering just about every new Android phone thats coming out, will be 4G (LTE) equipped.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm still wondering why people think iPhone is the best phone. The iPhone 4 was released as an inferior spec phone to others on the market. This will pretty much open people's eyes.

here's a cool factoid... iPhone 4's A4 processor's development went like this... Samsung designed the processor for it's phones. Apple requested a few tweaks to be done. Samsung produced the processor and branded it A4 for Apple. Apple's A4 processor runs at 800 mhz. Visionz, you and I have the same processor running at 1GHZ.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yeah i dont get the whole iphone craze... my phone has gorilla glass > iphone... super amoled screen > iphone.... 1Ghz hummingbird > iphone... 4" screen > iphone... slide out QWERTY > iphone...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

iphone is better because it is apple. If apple is not better then the answer is different. Y'all know how some apple customers are.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

i heard someone saying today that the iphone 5 is dual core, like its all badass or somthing...

honestly i wont buy a damn thing from apple... NOTHING, i dont use any of their products; including software

we arnt allowed the good connections, so ill stick with whats cheap; and thats internet... who needs a phone nowadays anyway, lol
Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
DTN

There's alot of dual core phones coming out soon.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM
DTN

My video card in my computer has over 200 cores... Im not impressed by just 2.. that's just keeping up with development.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Another reason for me not to buy a new iphone. Time to switch to an android based phone.

I still use the 3gs because I didn't want to upgrade to the iphone 4 after hearing about the antennae/signal issues when it first came out. The 3gs has an 833MHz processor under-clocked to run at 600MHz. Since my phone is jailbroken I was able to modify a file to allow the phone to run at 800MHz which did make the phone run noticeably faster but the phone would get too hot so I went back to 600MHz.

The original battery in my phone died not long after my warranty expired. I purchased an after market one with slightly longer battery life and performed the swap myself. Why apple won't let you change out your own battery without taking it in to an apple store is stupid.

I recently tried upgrading to the latest IOS on my phone but it failed and got stuck in recovery mode with error 29. I tried to restore the IOS from different computers but couldn't get past that 29 error and there where a lot of people online who ran into that same error. I came to the conclusion that apple didn't like the battery I was using in my phone and prevented me from upgrading to the latest version. I had already performed 2 other IOS upgrades with this battery and had no problems which doesn't make sense.

The only solution that seemed to work for people was to either replace the battery with an original apple battery or take the phone into an apple store so they could replace it with a refurbished one. If the phone was out of warranty like mine then apple would charge about $200 for a refurbished phone.

I did manage to get my old IOS restored by modifying the hosts file to redirect the apple signature server over to cydia's server where my phones SHSH blob was on file allowing me to install the older IOS back onto the phone. Apple once again prevents you from doing this. I would have been SOL had I not jail broken my phone and uploaded my SHSH to cydia.

I also found my phone had about two years worth of location tracking on it. Apple says it's a bug and the next IOS release will fix it. Of course I can't upgrade because apple doesn't like my battery.

So now I am stuck with a vulnerable phone that won't stop tracking my every move and won't upgrade .

Im through with apple telling me how to use their overpriced products.

Apple
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I don't like Apple as a company. I would never buy and Apple product ever, if only for that reason. Why the hell can't I download and run anything I want from anywhere I want? Why do I have to be dependent on ITunes? F that. I'll use an FREE OS
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The other side of that coin: everything works, and everything works with everything else. Driver? How about a standard and a gatekeeper, and an easy end-user experience instead.

If you like 3 hots and a cot, why bother jailbreaking?