Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Computers, Gaming, & Technology (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/computers-gaming-technology-75/)
-   -   Official Android Crew (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/computers-gaming-technology-75/official-android-crew-19755/)

Visionz 05-27-2010 06:57 AM

Official Android Crew

Ok...those of you who are rollin with Andoid phones...post up questions, and stuff in here. Tell us what Apps & Games you have installed too! smile.gif

Provider
Tmobile

Phone
MyTouch 3G

Apps
- Advanced Task Killer
- AK Notepad
- Bookmark Manager Free
- CallFilter (love this one)
- EasyTether (another fave...gotta love tethering!)
- Flashlight
- FxCamera
- Google Sky Map
- Last.FM Radio
- Flickster Movies
- Music Online Lite
- Tmobile My Account/My Device
- My Coupons
- Pandora Radio
- Pkt Ebay Auctions
- Shazam
- SMS Popup
- Tone Picker
- Twigee

Games
- Memory Test Pro
- Poke A Mole
- Solitaire
- SuperYatzy
- Word Search

i8acobra 05-27-2010 09:23 AM

T-Mobile
G1
1000 minutes, unl. text, unl. data... $69.99/mo.

Favorite app, DroidBlock for blocking phone numbers.

Visionz 05-27-2010 09:57 AM

^ Thats what CallFilter does smile.gif

faithofadragon 05-27-2010 10:15 AM

Incredible
Pandora
Task killer
Emulators for gba snes sega and nes
Oh and a air horn app its fun to sneak up behind people

tibbykid91 05-27-2010 10:21 AM

Moto Droid with Verizon. Too many apps to list all but favorites are: Facebook, Youtube, Sportstap, Huffington Post, Weather Bug, Flickster movies, Google Sky, Metal Dectator, and Toss it(most addicting game ever).

Visionz 05-27-2010 11:05 AM

^ Ive seen a few of the metal detector apps. Do they actually work?

tibbykid91 05-27-2010 12:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ May 27 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ Ive seen a few of the metal detector apps. Do they actually work?</div>

They do actually work pretty good.

majik 05-27-2010 12:41 PM

I'm hoping to pick up my own Evo 4G next week (6/4 release date). I can't wait to join the Android family. However, if it fails to keep me as happy as my Pre, I'll be switching back.

I've also heard the Task Killer is a MUST to save battery life on the droid.

i8acobra 05-27-2010 01:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ May 27 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ Thats what CallFilter does smile.gif</div>

Does Callfilter answer then hang up so they can't leave a voicemail? That's my favorite feature of Droidblock.

Visionz 05-27-2010 01:15 PM

Yeah....and you can put peoples number in, or add the last call that came in (if its a number you dont recognize or know). You can either have it answer and then hang up within a second, or have it go right to voicemail. smile.gif

ereeves116 05-27-2010 01:38 PM

Verizon

Moto Droid

Again, tons of apps, favorite is navigation with the car mount. it layers traffic, gas stations, parking spots, satellite, etc, it's basically a HUD for driving.

187sks 05-27-2010 03:24 PM

Provider
Verizon

Phone
HTC Droid Incredible

Apps
- AK Notepad
- Flashlight
- FxCamera
- My Coupons
- Pandora Radio
- 10001 Cocktails
- Bubble (Bubble level)
- Calculator (Scientific calculator)
- Google Goggles
- My Tracks
- My Verizon
- Navigation
- PDF Viewer
- Places Directory
- Tapatalk Pro
- Weather

Games
- Age of Conquest Lite
- AK 47
- Robo Defense Free
- SchottGunn
- Solitaire
- Tower Raiders GOLD
- Truth or Dare

Haven't had the phone long.Going to get some racing apps, etc.

DTN 07-09-2010 06:08 PM

You can consider me part of the crew. I have a virtual android in a development environment which I am playing with to create apps

Winston 07-22-2010 09:42 AM

Just switched to Verizon after being with at&t for 4 years. I couldn't be happier. Reception is better everywhere and I actually have 3G now!

I originally didn't think I'd like the Droid's tactile keyboard because I was used to the iPhone's touchscreen only design, but now I can text faster than I can type smile.gif

Phone: Motorola Droid

Favorite Apps: Advanced Task Killer, Notes, Ebay, Music Wizard, GPS, Browser

Favorite Games: Robo Defense, 80's/90's movie/music trivia, Minesweeper

drpapadakalis 08-02-2010 09:15 AM

cant believe i didn't see this thread before. i've been on android (g1) for over a year now, love it, won't ever go back.

majik 08-02-2010 09:40 AM

Provider: Sprint

Device: Evo 4G

<u>Apps: </u>
Live Scores +++ Gets me up-to-date MLB scores easily
FlashApp (works for Evo)
Task Manager (Rhythm Software)
Speedtest.net Speed Test
TiKL - Touch to Talk
DroidFit
gReader (Google Reader RSS feeds)
WeatherBug
Zillow Real Estate
Places Directory (Google)
Kindle for Android
fring
Bump
Shopper (Google)
Barcode Scanner
Google Sky Map
Pandora

<u>Games:</u>
Robo Defense Free (lovin' it.. gonna buy full version)
Poke a Mole
Papiljump
Word Drop
Mahjong
Spades
WordSearch

plus three solitaire games... wanted to compare them but never ended up playing

'treezy 08-02-2010 12:33 PM

T-Mobile GARMINfone. It's a Garmin GPS and a phone. Greatest road trip/daily driving device ever. GPS will take you wherever you want to go (even without cellular service) and the droid phone will do whatever else you want to do in the background at the same time.. listen to pandora. find places. compare prices. download music. etc.

My favorite app by far is a music download app (unsure of name). All you do is type in the name of a song, artist, or album and it'll find it and provide it for free download to your phone. From there you can transfer to computer or your friends phones.. It's great. I don't understand it, or how it's done but I am not complaining.

This phone uses an older version of Android OS compared to what most of you are posting up, but I don't care. It's my first "smart phone" and I have nothing but nice things to say about it. It's great!

Alex01tib 08-03-2010 05:01 PM

Ha, this is funny, havent been around in a while but i can see you guys still have the same inetrests..

Motorola Cliq, rooted, running android 2.1 cool.gif (ROM=opencliq eclair)

favorite apps:

Wireless tether (thats right), also PDA net for bluetooth and usb tether

skyfire browser (plays flash video)

Math Alarm clock (amazing app)

Fancy Widget (basically the HTC sense flip clock with functional weather)

Live wallpaper from beautiful widgets that shows the actual weather conditions (clouds float by, sun/moon rises and sets)

google navigation (turn by turn directions)

advanced task manager, set to kill certain apps when the screen turns off

flixter

Arbor GRE vocab app

Juice Defender (multiplies my battery life by over 2x by regulating data usage)

MP3 music

ringdroid

shazam

slideIT keyboard (this is one of my top favs, similar to swype)

SetCPU

Astrofile manager

Launcher Pro

i could go on...

majik 08-03-2010 06:40 PM

it hasn't even been 30 days since I got the Evo. sad.gif

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...CIMG0083-1.jpg

tibbytib 08-03-2010 07:04 PM

Oh that sucks man!!! Your next favorite app should be "APPlying a case" wink.gif Do you have Sprint insurance?

EVO 4G

Favorite App

Google maps with navigation
qik - video chat
layar
Pandora

majik 08-03-2010 08:10 PM

yeah... $100 deductible.

I hadn't bought a case/screen yet because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. My Palm Pre is pretty bad ass... still not sure what I'm going to stick with.

I'm going to pay the $100 and replace the phone, but then might put the new one up on Craigslist or eBay for $200+

DTN 08-03-2010 08:49 PM

A case is a must with any smart phone. A computer has so many electronic components that it only makes sense to protect it. Smart phones generally have a large glass area as well.

A case is insurance. Not only against breakage, but also loss of value from avoidable scratches. My iPhone has a full case and an anti glare screen protector. It does not impare operation. It is an added level of protection which eliminates the need to pay a monthly charge and a deductible.

Sorry to come in the android thread with an iPhone. The Evo is my favorite phone and I would buy an Otter brand case to protect it.

majik 08-03-2010 08:55 PM

well... the thing is so damn big. I hate to put a case on it and make it even bigger. A hip/belt case feels like I'm carrying a gun.

The reason it wasn't in my pocket to begin with is because it's so damn big. A case just... well, makes it bigger. My wife has a rubber surround on hers, but the screen is still exposed (less the zagg invisible shield) since it's entirely touch. Not sure if that would've protected it.

Alex01tib 08-04-2010 06:13 PM

haha so i figured id share this...

i just installed an app called remotedroid

It allows me to use my phone as a virtual keyboard and mouse and typed this from across the room using my phones keyboard and the touchscreen as a trackpad hahaha I ♥ android, gratuitous waste of technology and bandwidth? sure.... fun? oh yeah... haha, oh and im doing all this while using my phone as a wireless tether since the internet here sucks, lol

DTN 08-04-2010 06:29 PM

Thats old stuff. I was doing that in 2001 on my PDA. There are about 1000 apps spanning every platform which use a device as a remote for another. I have quite a few on my phone. Now what I call impressive is, I would hack the TV in the chow hall with my PDA and change the channel. IR isn't used much anymore. It's all 802.11g and a interpreter on the receiving end or set Bluetooth standards.

So yeah... You are almost 10 years late on that one bud.

I want to see apache web servers on everything. Even my mr coffee. I could make coffee and turn on the tv right after my phone wakes me up. Having a web interface allows full control of a device from another device. If there is a web interface, you can easily write a snazzy app to control it. That way we can have the same features we had last decade.

Alex01tib 08-04-2010 06:56 PM

LoL whatever, im sure you werent using your touch screen as a mouse 10 years ago :-P maybe a track ball or something...

and thats fine, i was still impressed that it worked so flawlessly and it entertained me...

REDZMAN 08-04-2010 07:03 PM

Looks like I'm getting a Droid X and swapping to Verizon soon. I absolutely love my Mytouch 3g Slide, but there's almost no T-Mobile service in my field office area, and no 3g for most of my commute.

If anyone has some in with Verizon or advice, I'd love it.

DTN 08-04-2010 07:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Aug 4 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LoL whatever, im sure you werent using your touch screen as a mouse 10 years ago :-P maybe a track ball or something...

and thats fine, i was still impressed that it worked so flawlessly and it entertained me...</div>

What do you mean? You move your finger across the screen and the mouse goes left right up and down right? It's a track pad. Same deal as a mouse. Now the new hottness is to use the tilt sensor or the camera. For my media center there's an app to control it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-r-POY3yY . For my Rovio mobile webcam robot there is a android app
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5_Vv258UonU/Si...0or%20crop.jpg

http://poignantprojects.blogspot.com/2010/...-available.html

Keyboard and mouse is old and busted.

tibbykid91 09-28-2010 09:34 PM

I picked up a Droid 2 today. I like it better than my old Droid. Stuff loads faster then the Droid, it looks better (the corners are rounded and its silver and navy not all black), and the keyboard is WAY better. The only downside is that it still ways a ton compared to other phones.

majik 09-28-2010 10:38 PM

Angry Birds

majik 10-05-2010 07:24 PM

Need a new game. Angry Birds all 3 starts but one.

Oh yeah, and I like TANGO better than Qik. Works with iPhone users on the other side. Quick and very easy to use.

majik 10-08-2010 08:51 PM

I found it - Wordfeud

It's scrabble that you can play with multi-player. You can enter e-mail addresses to find friends and play with them. It's one of those games you can start and play over multiple days, and there's a chat option. Download and post up your e-mail address!

majiktib@gmail.com - look me up and add me!

Bommello 10-08-2010 09:00 PM

Ordered my droid x today. Should come in Monday! Can't wait. Joined the droid forum the other night (jesus is that board active lol).

Visionz 10-11-2010 06:49 AM

Thinking about rooting my Mytouch 3G. Has anyone else rooted their android phones?

Bommello 10-11-2010 07:46 AM

My Droid comes in today might root it tomorrow lol. Isn't too hard plus it's hard to brick the phone.

Visionz 10-21-2010 11:25 AM

Totally stoked right now! Just got a text message from T-mobile saying that within the next week, I will be receiving an OTA (over the air) update to software version 2.2 FroYo.

Been waiting for this update for about 6 months now! Really happy to see that its finally coming!

Bommello 10-21-2010 03:45 PM

My x came with 2.2. I can't wait for gingerbread (3.0) to come out. Rumor is Verizon will have an ota for the x by december the latest!

turbosocks 11-22-2010 02:25 PM

Samsung Epic 4G

Sprint

LOVE this phone.. super AMOLED screen FTW... and gorilla glass FTWX2!!!! slideout full QWERTY keyboard also.

still haven't got a ton of apps yet, but slowly finding useful ones.

Apps:

Astrid (AWESOME task manager)

Google Navigation

Mp3 Music downloader

RingDroid (Ringtone creator, really cool)

google earth

adobe photoshop

Adobe Reader

Advanced Taskkiller

Android System info (awesome for killing apps and seeing usage)

Amazon

ASTRO (file manager)

AIM

Facebook

Dolphin Browser with red skin (really nice browser

Convertpad (awesome unit convertor)

FCC test (speed test for internet

PDAnet

Easy Tether (free version, will be purchasing the https version) got .90MBs when connected at home.. my cable internet is 1.0MBs

google goggles

Fox news

Lookout (virus protection and backup)

Kindle

Remote Droid (have yet to use it)

Paypal

Pandora

Scan life (barcode scanner)

rockplayer (to watch Divx,Xvid files from Orb)

Tesla LED (flashlight)

TransDroid (to search and download torrents remotely to my computer at home)

Photobucket

Also, have an Orb account setup, so I can stream all of my music from my 'server' at home as long as the computer is on.. works real good.. Also can stream movies (divx, xvid, .avi) from my 'server' to my phone.. still working out the kinks..

Anrgy birds is the only game that I have been addicted to.

waiting for the froyo release for my phone to get more use out of it.. and excited about the 3.0 in the future..

So far, I love this phone. Missy got the HTC EVO and I like my phone better. Maybe its just personal preference,

but The colors/contrast/brightness are MUCH better on the super AMOLED screen. I also got a seidio innocase active X case for the phone to protect it.

Thinking about rooting my phone also in the future if i am feeling risky. haha

Another selling point of this phone for me was the gorilla glass on the front.. if you have never seen it, look it up!!

majik 11-22-2010 02:37 PM

^ Tell me about the MP3 downloader ^

^ Do you prefer EasyTether or PDAnet? ^

I'm going to test out Photobucket.

I also use Lookout. I like it because it doesn't seem to drain resources and scans everything I download, but I can't testify to the effectiveness since it hasn't caught anything.

I'm currently addicted to the game Air Attack (Ad) and I play Wordfeud (scrabble) with my wife.

What frustrates me about the Evo is that I can't upload to Photobucket. I take a lot of pics/video with my phone that I want to upload to forums and neither Picasa or Flickr are as easy as Photobucket.

turbosocks 11-22-2010 02:47 PM

o another super fun game i play with missy.. sketch online!!! so much fun.. there is like a room of ten people, and you guess what eachother is trying to sketch.. there are 5 rounds per game.

I have played air attack also, kinda fun, but doesn't hold my interest.

the mp3 downloader is a little iffy. I cant always find all the music I want, but after some searching, I usually come up with something. You just type in a song, artist or whatever, and some results come up with:

Artist : Tom Petty

Song: Free Fallin'

Album : XXXXXXX

or whatever information is available, along with the file size.. you can preview and download it. I usually preview first to see if its the right song and high quality. Then they just go into your music.. This works awesome with RingDroid.. In Ringdroid, you can clip pieces of the song, down to .01 seconds to make ringers, notifications and alarms..

have you setup the backup with lookout? I played around with it, but I dont really have anything to backup, but it backs up call logs (if i recall) contacts, media, etc.

Photobucket is great and really easy to use. You can also turn on 'automatic uploads' to upload every picture you take on your phone. (I have it turned off, as I dont want every picture online and I delete some, edit some, etc.) You can choose default albums for your uploads to go to and it keeps you logged in (if you want)

I also really like how the Youtube app works with uploading videos, just sucks that it wants a WIFI connection for big videos.

I usually keep all of my apps closed to have as much free memory as possible and keep the battery going using the AUTO kill on ATK..