Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Nintendo Switch

Old 10-20-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 Elantra
Default Nintendo Switch

Nintendo finally announced its highly-anticipated next generation portable gaming console on on Thursday – Nintendo Switch.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Arguably, the best news for friends of gamers is that it’s portable. The Switch, coming March 2017, is a home-gaming system that you can take your virtual progress with you on the go. So that "we can't go out because I'm playing this game" excuse is out the window.

Plus, it looks like if you are the nostalgic type, you get to even blow on the cartridges again to get it to work –- but this time they are much smaller than in the '90s -- so pros and cons.

Now when the dog needs a walk or you have to take out the garbage, you can do so and be a little more productive.

The Nintendo Switch video trailer shows an adult man going throughout his day walking the dog, catching an airline flight and playing a game of pick-up basketball – all while using the downtime to level up on his game.

If you’re a gamer, this is huge news.

It’s like the portability of a Nintendo 3DS combined with home game consoles, infused with the network of third-party games, and includes multiplayer face-to-face capability.

“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” stated Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America in a news release. “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”

Here’s early morning reaction from a gamer who couldn’t be bothered to even get out of bed before tweeting her video review of the Switch trailer.

Not only can you play your games, developers can design their own games to support a number of play styles. Here's a list of nearly 50 publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch.

Just look at one gamer’s response with more than 2,000 likes stating, “This is literally everything I ever wanted. Portable, home console with third party games like Skyrim and 1st party games like Splatoon and Mario. OMG!"

So while you still may not have the attention of your gamer’s company at the campfire or at a sporting event, at least they will be out of the house with you more, right?

While some of you readers may not be into gaming, it’s important to know what your gaming friends will likely be consumed with.

For now the price and full game demos are yet to be announced. For now, some felt like the announcement was lacking -- in games.

This thing is awesome.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Interesting concept. I can't see using this myself though.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

So it's a glorified Gameboy?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

It's innovative enough.

You could break it down and over analyze to death, but it's certainly a breath of fresh air and different enough from the xbox and PS# to warrant hype.

I never buy launch day gaming sh*t. But this will be the first exception to that rule since the Dreamcast.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Not a fan, however, it does combine portable and home which I think you could only do on the Sega Nomad. I agree it is innovative.

Still think the SNES and N64 were crazy good, historical. This isn't.