Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Need a new printer

Old 09-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Need a new printer

What kind of printer does everyone have? Mine bit the dust so Im shopping around for a good one. I use it 90% of the time for printing pics (hate going anywhere and paying to have digital pics printed) and I use high end Kodak picture paper, so the printer needs to be good quality in that department. The other 10% is used for actual printing of documents and the occasional scanning (maybe less than 1% for that). Most of doc printing I just do at work since they have laser printers here that are super fast.

So recommend me something good to check out boys. wub.gif
Old 09-13-2010, 12:32 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Whenever I run out of ink at home, I go to walmart and buy a new $30 printer. It's cheap that way. I can't think of the last time I wanted to print something that had to be so nice that it required an expensive printer. Usually I'm printing up junk or text anyway.

Last time I bought a wireless printer for $50 at Walmart. It's a lexmark Z2400 and it works over my wireless network on both Linux and Windows computers. It's a printer. It prints. It's not the best quality, but it's a printer and I'd be happy to throw it away and buy a new one when it runs out of ink.

It was not until recently that Lexmark started supporting Linux on it's wireless printers. That impressed me so much I did a DIY on installing it on UbuntuForums.org.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

for photo's I have a nice canon photo printer. That's all it does. For everything I have a cheap hp laserjet 1200n. I can get 2 toners for it for like $30 and each on lasts 1500-2000 pages.