Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

My new $700 toy!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default My new $700 toy!

http://www.numark.com/mixdeck

Looking for a new MIDI toy to play around with, since I already have mutiple decks and mixers. So I bought this and it was delivered today. Ran home on lunch and saw it sitting at my front door. Looking forward to hooking it up and goofing around with it this weekend. smile.gif
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you see that Woot.com has a ion based LP turntable today? I was going to post a new thread about it, but you're really the only one I know who would want it. http://woot.com/ Tell me what you think. It could be an addition to your new toy.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Ion -- thumbdown.gif

Belt Driven -- thumbdown.gif

Straight Tone Arm -- thumbdown.gif

If you're an old person with a TON of vinyl and want to convert your collection to mp3 at a very low cost...this is ok I guess. But to use this for anything else other than that purpose....BIG thumbdown.gif

Old 09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
DTN

I can see where you're comming from on all the other points. However, ion is a good quality processor. ion = low powered archetecture good for the audio/video enthusiast. Ion based processors run 1080p video so I'm sure that they do audio just fine. You can run Windows or Linux on an ion so it's very versitile.

I'm interested in hearing your mixes on this tonight.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Ion in the DJ world is considered worst than Pyle! laugh.gif

Numark, Stanton, and Gemini are all considered low end brands (or bedroom DJ quality), even though this unit fealt really sturdy in my hands the few seconds I had it out of the box. Theres alot of really good reviews on it too, so thats one of the reason why I decided to try it out. Plus an all in one unit that does Midi, Time Code, USB, and CD is quite intrigueing to me. I've been looking at a couple of Midi controllers anyway and theres alot out there that fall in the 300-400 range, but nothing that does everything this does. This is the only one on the market for now, but there are seperate cd decks out now that do USB, Midi, and CD. But you have to buy a pair of them and a mixer to make it all work together. This at least is a total solution. good for backups, and the traveling DJ that doesnt want to lug around all the traditional equipment.

Probably wont have any time to do any mixes on it this weekend (just a quick little spin session to check out the controls), but I'll get some soon. smile.gif
Old 09-17-2010, 05:31 PM
DTN

But Ion is not even a brand name! Ion is a type of processor. It's the software that matters.

Did you see that woot had a mixlab, keyboard, speakers, microphone and recorder on sale for $59.99 today? http://woot.com/ Just thought you might like to see that.

Btw.. where's the mixes and throwback friday?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

^^^ Ion is a brand name. They make cheap USB turntables for converting LP's to MP3's...

http://www.ionaudio.com/ionttusb
Old 09-18-2010, 10:03 PM
DTN

Oh wow. I was so wrong there. My bad.