Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Looks like I def need to see this now!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Looks like I def need to see this now!

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/06/sui...-for-the-cast/

‘Suicide Squad’ Is So Dark That Director David Ayer Hired A ‘Therapist’ To Stay On Set For The Cast

Perhaps you can chalk this one up to Jared Leto terrorizing everyone on-set with his method acting for his role as The Joker, but E! reports that David Ayer has hired a therapist to make sure the cast doesn’t get too wrapped up in their alter-egos. E! spoke to Adam Beach — who is playing Slipknot — at the premiere of Joe Dirt 2, and he explained the need for an on-set shrink.

“David Ayer is about realism. So if your character is tormented, he wants you to torment yourself. He wants the real thing. We kind of have like a therapist on board if you fall off the wagon and really are villainous. There’s a friend of [Ayer’s] that’s very unique in making sure we have our ground.”

It’s interesting that Ayer is pushing his actors so hard that he thinks they’ll need what Beach describes as not a shrink per se, but a “life coach” to help them through the acting process. The cast knows that this is just a comic book film, right? We know that Leto is engulfing himself in the Joker role, but I can’t see Will Smith method acting his way through his Deadshot performance. When Suicide Squad premieres next August, we’ll see just how “dark” the film is.

When you add darkness with realism, it usually means a pretty good movie!