Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

LOL Best Buy charges $30 for PS3 firmware update

Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby
Default LOL Best Buy charges $30 for PS3 firmware update

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/04/best-bu...hs-all-the-way/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In case you hadn't noticed by now, Best Buy's Geek Squad isn't always the most scrupulous sort, but their latest attempt to upsell consumers is truly off the charts. We've confirmed for ourselves that the Staten Island, NY store is offering 120GB PS3 Slims for $329.98, explaining away the surcharge as their fee for a firmware upgrade. In case you've never booted up a PS3 yourself, let us explain the sheer ridiculousness at work here: a system update requires about three button presses, and some discs prompt you automatically. Hell, if you want to play online or access the PlayStation Store, you don't even have a choice -- ever since Other OS got Sony's goat, firmware updates have been mandatory across the board. Still, it's hard to say no when Best Buy employees are this polite -- when we explained to a rep that we already had a PS3, he graciously offered us an update anyhow... for just $29.98.</div>

blink.gif BangHead.gif lmao.gif headshake.gif
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

so?

we also charge 20 bux to install a subwoofer into a subwoofer box(8 or so screws)

hell when i worked in a shop we would charge a half hour of labor to install a TPS (2 screws....roughly 45 bux)
Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i went to best buy right after i bought the tib to get a new HU. i always run a alpine which was no big deal, they had what i wanted. just got ipods also at that time and since when i bought the HU is was free installation i figured the ipod cord would be in the deal as well.

boy was i wrong. they charged me 25 bucks to hook it up, not telling me it would cost to install it, just asked if i wanted it and i said sure since you are installing the HU that would be a great time to put it in.

i created quite a crowd when i was chewing the installers azz that he charged me 25 bucks to plug a damn cord in. in the end all i had to pay was the price of the ipod cord and the hu .

i pay close attention anymore when i am getting something installed or buying something that i am getting extras placed in it or on it.