Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

The International Space Station

Old 04-03-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Gen Coupe V6
Default The International Space Station

Nice video to watch

The ISS is an amazing feat of engineering, of the diplomacy of international cooperation, and hopefully a source of new scientific discoveries. But it is also extremely expensive. Do you think that the money spent on the ISS was the best use of resources, or should that money have been diverted to smaller, cheaper unmanned craft that can explore far more of the solar system than the ISS can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doubling or tripling NASA's budget and have an ISS along with spacecraft being sent to every corner of the solar system, but unfortunately NASA has to fight just to keep the funds they have. I just wonder if the ISS was the best use of their resources.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't think there's a "best use" really, but I do think the ISS is valuable and worthwhile. I hope they keep it flying for a long time so we get maximum value out of it.