Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Google Launches "Pixel"

Old 10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Google Launches "Pixel"

Google is launching a new smartphone along with a host of other gadgets.

The company is betting we'll soon become reliant on artificial intelligence in the form of voice assistants.

With that in mind, Google unveiled its newest line of products Tuesday, including its "Pixel" smartphone, an updated Chromecast 4K streaming device called "Ultra" and an internet connected two-way speaker simply called "Home".

A centerpiece feature for each device is "Google Assistant", the company's answer to existing voice assistants from Apple, Microsoft and Amazon.

Google also made a virtual reality pitch with the "Daydream View", a $79 VR headset and controller that uses the Pixel smartphone and rivals similar offerings such as Samsung's Gear VR.

Read More Here

The specs look pretty good on this phone and I'm interested in getting their new Home device.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've been happy with my Nexus 5x aside from the lack of RAM. I'll consider a Pixel as an upgrade. Steep price though.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

no removable battery.

pass.

lookin at the v20, bout time i upgrade from this galaxy s3