Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Facebook fighting ad-blockers

Old 08-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Facebook fighting ad-blockers

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/09/tech...page_tech_pool

Aaron...I saw you posted something about this the other day. Looks like they are working to still show you ads even if you have a blocker in place.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

It's really only AdBlocker Plus. I never see ads anywhere. Not even those 30 second video ads on news sites or Youtube. FB recently started posting ads in people's timelines that look like friend posts. The only way to really tell it's an ad is by the content and the fact that it says "suggested" or "sponsored" at the top of the post. Ad Blocker added a filter for them, and a few hours later, FB wrote code around the blocker. This has been going back and forth for several days. New filters, new FB code, new filters, new FB code, etc... FB sems to be concentrating their efforts on ABP though, because I switched to uBlocker and I don't see the suggested posts any more.