Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Damnt

Old 04-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Damnt

Reformatted my HD again last night before heading to the club in my studio PC. Anyone happen to have XP credentials laying around they care to share? I wont divulge into details, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. If anyone has one laying around, please PM me as soon as they can. Thanks guys!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You may find something useful on this page http://www.serials.ws/index.php?chto=windows+xp
Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Nothing in that link worked. I think im going to just buy a new 500 gig HD, 2 more gigs of ram (have 4 now), and upgrade to Win 7. Tired of dealing with XP and this old as hell 60 gig HD i currently have in that computer.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You could always give Ubuntu a try. It is really high quality and has some decent video and audio editing software which is also free.

I used ubuntu on a memory stick every once in a while... when I needed an OS for a friend or something. One day I found myself in the same boat as you and I went from winXP to Ubuntu... "temporarily" until I could get my winXP key. Soon enough I realized that you could do anything on Ubuntu that you can on Windows, just differently. Also its faster and gives you more control.

That was a few years ago. I found my winXP key. I am using WinXP legally in a virtual machine whenever I NEED to deal with Microsofts inferior operating system for reasons of compatibility.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

if your still thinking about staying with XP, i have something that you could use, but i would have to pull it all the AIO disk.. also, for win7, if your looking for something 'grayish' market, i might also know a 'guy' who has something you would be able to use..
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Someone helped me find what I lost, so I'm going to give it a shot tonight when I get home. If it doesnt work, then playing with new toys from Mr Gray will be helpful as well.