Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Bought a new phone....

Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Bought a new phone....

So after having a Sidekick LX for what seems like forever, I decided to upgrade. I never even thought I would get a Sidekick, but after meeting Travis Barker at a club I was spinnin at, he swears by his. So does Tony Hawk and Paril Hilton. *lol* Anyway, I upgraded to a brand new phone that just hit the market a couple of weeks ago. Its the T-mobile myTouch G2.

People are saying its the iPhone & Palm Pre killer because of the features and apps. The only thing that other phones have on it, is that the myTouch comes with 4 gig space, but you can upgrade it easily to 16 gig, which then would put it on the same level as the iPhone or Pre. The nice thing also about it....theres over 5,000 apps (with a ton more being added every day) and they're all free! Also, its ran by Google Android OS, and since Google is backing it, they're throwing an insane amount of R&D dollars towards it making sure it becomes an leader in the market. Every single Google application there is, comes loaded up on the phone too. It's being delivered to my office, and I'll have it by Friday. Cant wait!

Here are some pics: (I'm getting it in the red color)

Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Looks nice. I wouldn't get it because it's impossible to text on it while driving safely. I don't like the touch screen phones very much either personally. If i got it I would also need another phone for texting and using as a phone. lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The virtual keyboard on it can be used either vertically or horizontally, depending on which way you hold the phone. So it allows you to use one hand while texting fairly easily. wink.gif
Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Yeah, but the whole not feeling the buttons means I couldn't do it without watching what I'm doing. I've memorized where the buttons are on a normal phone but I still have to be able to feel where the buttons are.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Looks good, but I still like my iPhone. I wasn't going to buy it but I couldn't pass it up because of everything it comes with. I also don't really like touch phones but I'm getting used to it.
Your phone looks smaller than i{hone so thats a plus.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Thats cool. I'm taking a liking to the touch screen device. I recently picked up 2 of the 16 gig 3gs for me and my wife and they are kinda nice.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

It looks cool but I am not a fan of all touch screen but some people like it
Mine is touch screen but also has the full keyboard!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i don't know much about phones, but i met tony hawk too! great guy isn't he?!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Aug 25 2009, 01:34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Looks nice. I wouldn't get it because it's impossible to text on it while driving safely. I don't like the touch screen phones very much either personally. If i got it I would also need another phone for texting and using as a phone. lol.</div>

Aw man no way did you just put "texting" and "driving safely" together in a sentence like that! I'll be watching the roads to make sure I get the hell out of the way when I see your crusing by glancing down at your phone banana.gif
Old 08-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Haha, I only text when cruising on a straight highway or stopped at a stop light. And I don't look at the phone except to read what someone sent, no more distracting than switching songs on a stereo, and way less than searching through an iPod.