Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Anyone here slot car race?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon GT
Default Anyone here slot car race?

Ive been thinking about getting into this hobby and was wondering if anyone here does it. If you do, what are some good websites or forums to check out to learn about it and start out as a beginner?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've been doing it for a few years. And it is a blast. I'm in to the drag racing side way more than the road racing side though. I'm currently working on a full body/ full interior Enzo for the drag track.

Best advice is start small. Get a starter kit and see if you like it. Find out what types of racing your track does. If you plan on running in competition road courses you can spend some real money. Drag is way cheaper. If your just playing with friends and family it is a lot cheaper because you don't have to have top of line or follow the rules.

Do a google search for slot car forums. I hate saying that but I know they are out there, I've viewed a couple of times but never joined.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can give you a hand.