Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

any X-Plane flight simulator users here?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default any X-Plane flight simulator users here?

ive been wanting to get my private pilots license since the first time i went up with my father in a Piper Comanche when i was 13 years old, this simulator is just awesome !

does anyone "play"
Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I do! I do mostly free fly. Done a few globals but there to long lol! Also i like to fly the 3d planes as i fly Rc planes locally! My favorite being the Extra 300!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 AM

cool, ive been learning ILS landings, and VOR stuff. im also trying to "decorate" new york with as much scenery as i can find. i have most airports in long island and new york, and i have a realy good manhattan statue of liberty, jersey city, and alot of other bridges and buildings. so when i want to just free fly, i get in a light aircraft and go flying through NYC really fast, like redbull style air racing. lol. what is the Extra 300 ?

id like to get into making videos for these kids who spend days making just one plane ! the work they put in is amazing.

this vid i did a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DKOt_6F7iw
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 PM

and this one i made when i was learning autopilot flying a g650

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkQt62NJjk

and this was the correct way to do it... i still finger fvkced the buttons on the first approach as you can see by the trails, but pretty much nailed it on the re approach, i tried to use the correct missed approach waypoints and do it as it would be in real life... if there were no traffic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTpMp9aFPI

Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I did for the longest while, but I haven't in probably over 7 years. Never did figure out how to do any proper instrumentation flights, so I spent a lot of time playing at the "gut-wrench factor" - that is how low to the ground can you go without crashing. Favorite part was flying the F-22 through the Grand Canyon low enough so I could see my own shadow on the ground. Got pretty good at it too!

Never was any good at flying things like a 767 or other huge aircraft - would have the thing turned so one wing was aimed at the ground to get it lined up on the runway. Don't think the passengers would appreciate that or the constant full-throttle to no-throttle that was needed to get it landed in the right spot. LOL

Had a lot of fun flying helicopters too.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM

yea, flying properly is very boring, even flying a little piper commanche or a cessna 172 is super lame, but its good training if you ever want to take to the next level and really fly.

did you see my videos where i tear up New York in that Sabre and the Auk ? lol, good times

ive been flying with the iPad a joystick, they came out with an app the uses the accelerometers, and its works flawlessly and without lag !
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM

this little plane is sweet ! it was my first time flying it, and i stalled it, and didnt have the buttons setup to restart the motor, so i decided to land her in the street ! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3ci6vEctU
Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I use it everyday at work in an educational environment. We use it to generate planes in a simulated virtual environment for the training of air traffic control students and developmental FAA air traffic controllers at our local airfield.

We do the 'boring' realistic flying though, it's not so boring when you are actually training and striving to do just that as a lifelong career though.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM

patreezy, you fly ?????

i think thats what my next personal training session will be, learning to talk to ATC and GROUND.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I do. Here is a good reference for you in terms of phraseology and acronyms in the industry

Pilot/Controller Glossary