Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Any blackberry users on here?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Elantra
Default Any blackberry users on here?

The company i work for is now supplying employees with phones. They have decided yet but its either going to BB's or Droids. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Droids since I have heard that blackberrys are a dying technology. Those who have BB's, can you confirm? I know alot of people who have them though and never have anything bad to say about them.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

my mother has a blackberry. she wanted me to try and set some things up..

i HATE HATE HATE blackberries.. i see absolutely ZERO point in why someone would want one over a droid...

its a pain in the ass to even download the market, to download apps.. i could hardly figure out the browser on the damn thing.. stupid small keys for texting.. fail fail fail..
Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

Thought I'd chuck my 2cents in here.

I'm over in the UK but I sell these for a living. There is a big market for both options but it depends on what you actually want to do on it.

Simply put, if the phone is a gadget to play with and for internet browsing go for a droid, if its more for messaging and e-mailling then look at blackberry.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

If you just want a phone with a few cool gizmos that works a lot better as a freaking phone, BB

If you like playing around with it or the internet, droid.

I have both thanks to work.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

i have a BB Tour 9630. why? cuz its Apple friendly. I can sync my BB to my apple address book, calender, photos, and music without any problem. also i can use Tether to bluetooth tether the phones internet connection to my Macbook Pro and get damn near 4g speed.

Also because i found a hack that allowed me to put the 9630 on the Boost Mobile network and get unlimited everything for 50 bucks a month, and now with the Shrinkage deal i can get it down to 35 bucks a month after 18 months.

so far the coverage has been great ! ive traveled to up and down the east coast using GPS and never lost signal or reception.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: Tiburon 2001

i changed from blackberry to android this past week, o got and htc evo 4g and i have to say the difference is night and day, i never complained about my BB but now having the evo i wonder why it took my so long to change

if i were you id start lobbying with the bosses for the droids
Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

+ to chapp for hitting the nail on the head
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Loneshark
i have a BB Tour 9630. why? cuz its Apple friendly. I can sync my BB to my apple address book, calender, photos, and music without any problem. also i can use Tether to bluetooth tether the phones internet connection to my Macbook Pro and get damn near 4g speed.

Also because i found a hack that allowed me to put the 9630 on the Boost Mobile network and get unlimited everything for 50 bucks a month, and now with the Shrinkage deal i can get it down to 35 bucks a month after 18 months.

so far the coverage has been great ! ive traveled to up and down the east coast using GPS and never lost signal or reception.

An android should work just fine. They basically run the same OS... Android and i* are closer together then blackberry or windows is to anything.

Here's the first google result on seemless synchronization http://lifehacker.com/5801473/how-to...y-as-an-iphone
Old 07-18-2011, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

hey DTN, is lifehacker down? all i get is this...