Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Sriracha Potato Pancakes!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Sriracha Potato Pancakes!

What you'll need:

4 x decent sized potatoes

1 x yellow onion

1 x big clove of garlic

1 x raw jalapeno

2 x large eggs

1 x tbsp of garlic salt

2 x tsp sriracha

1 x mess of flour

some veggi oil

ā…“ cup measuring receptacle

Start by getting a skillet and Ā¼ inch of oil coating the bottom of it. You need the depth for optimum frying goodness. Now peel and shred the potatoes and onions fairly fine; hash brown consistency should do. Now chop the jalapenos finely, and add the 3 in a large mixing bowl. Peel the garlic and place in your Garlic Zoom. Don't have a Garlic Zoom?! Shame on you, go to your local Bed, Bath and Beyond and check the clearance section. Best $2 ever spent! It's like a little GTR for your utensil drawer. Add the garlic to the potato/onion mess and, in a different bowl, yolk and all, add both eggs, the salt and sriracha and whisk them together until no longer lumpy. It needs to be a unified soupy consistency to work right. Pour the contents of the 2nd bowl all over the potato mixture, making sure to get good coverage. Now mix everything in the big bowl making sure that all of the potato/onion mix is well coated, there should be enough left over that there is still a fair amount in the bottom of the bowl. Now comes the fun part, grab a big manly hand-full of flour and toss it into the bowl. Mix well and add extra four as needed until the potato coating is constancy of snot (or normal pancake batter, take your pick.) Scoop up a heaping ā…“ cup with the measuring apparatus and place into the oil and flatten to roughly ā…“ or Ā½ inch, fry until golden brown, flip/repeat for both sides.

Should yield a dozen tasty tasty pancakes. Garnish with sour cream, extra sriracha, chives and bacon bits if that suites. Also good with just butter or any combo, even imagine up your own!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 RSPEC

You forgot the breath mints. Sounds yummy though, got a picture of what they should look like when done? For reason, anytime I make anything pancake-like, it never comes out right. You would think it would be easy huh?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

It's not mine (mostly because I ate them all and never thought to take a pic ) But added an image for reference.

They should look less like pancakes and more like a fried hash mess if the mixture is right. Some people over saturate the mixture and wind up with pancakes that just have some potato in them, but I prefer something closer to Latkes. The potato should shine imho.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 RSPEC

That looks more like hash browns and looks good. A spicy hash brown! Kind of excited to try this actually, maybe I'll try this out this weekend. Thanks for the recipe suggestion.