Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

share your smoothie recipes!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tib
Default share your smoothie recipes!

Just bought a new blender that will literally blend anything. So now its smoothie time! I want to make one at least once a day for breakfast, so I need some good recipes. What do you all add in your smoothies? Do you buy the powder stuff and add milk or water, or do you all use real fruit? I'm thinking more on the lines of making real fruit smoothies, since that seems to be the more healthier way to go.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Powder? Sometimes cinnamon. Fruit, ice, juice, water, sometimes "organiccane juice" sugar. For a change, start with mostly milk and a banana or two, with sugar and cinnamon then add whatever other fruit and ice
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Vanilla ice cream (about a 1/2-1 cup per person) and 1/4 cup of milk. Then add whatever you want - fruit (fresh or frozen), chocolate syrup, whatever, and blend. Is the yum.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

when I make a smoothie I am usually wanting something on the healthy side so pretty much fruit.

Sometimes I will add some protein powder for some real nutrition.

Something else good to add to a smoothie that makes it MUCH healthier and doesn't affect the taste much, spinach.. I am not a spinach fan but my cousin recommended it and its still just as delicious.

My smoothies usually consist of the following:

handful of spinach

5-6oz. ice

1oz. or so of juice (OJ or apple)

4-5 raspberries or blackberries

2 bananas

4-5 strawberries

some kiwi (about half to one whole)

sometimes a little chocolate protein powder

makes a pretty big smoothie. great, well rounded breakfast if you add a scoop of protein powder. little high on the fruit sugars though.

I never usually add milk, ice cream or syrups. Those are for when I make delicious milk shakes.