Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Sam Adams Octoberfest

Old 08-19-2012, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Eh?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

The only people in Canada drinking Molson is people in Quebec. I HATE flavored beer. It tastes disgusting and I always wondered who bought that crap. Well, now I know. Americans. Makes sense now.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Ahhh, I see your error now. Sam Adams is not "American Beer". It has more in common with German Beer. Bud and Coors are American Beer and shouldn't even be called beer.

http://www.samueladams.com/company/v...b-e5ad1a7d227a

As for your comment about flavored beers... so Canadians prefer flavorless beer? You should love Coors.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Ahhh, I see your error now. Sam Adams is not "American Beer". It has more in common with German Beer. Bud and Coors are American Beer and shouldn't even be called beer.

http://www.samueladams.com/company/v...b-e5ad1a7d227a

As for your comment about flavored beers... so Canadians prefer flavorless beer? You should love Coors.

ehhhh where to begin?

flavored beers are not something all enjoy-... i feel they're a great example of what one can do w/ a classic style. not everyone enjoys all styles of beer-... i personally am not fond of heffe's or wheat beers. doesn't mean i won't try them though (and some are better than others). i should also mention i found sam adam's cherry wheat is a slight exception to this!

according to the bjcp-... budweiser, coors, molson, labatt, pbr all fall into the same category "standard american lager"

sam adams has covered the gammit when it comes to beer styles-... they're are considered as domestic to the US due to their location. they brew american styles, german, belgium, scottish, irish, india, and english ales/lagers.

i suggest everyone just puts their ego's and pride behind them and take a few minutes to learn about the beers they defend so much. learn!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I know a fair bit about Jim's little brewery. Used to live not too far from them. The picture I posted is a sampling my mother brought me last time she was in Boston. Just about the only Sam Adams I haven't tried is Utopias. There's a local liquor store here in Vegas that gets it (Lee's), but you have to reserve it in advance. I'm on the list for the next batch.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i had utopias once-... about a shot of it it was served warm and previously opened but from what i understand is it was disqualified from a bourbon contest when they found out it was a beer-... so cold and carbonated prolly wouldn't do it justice. i didn't care for it.

what was in that pack? i couldn't read some of them
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

No two issues of Utopias are the same. You could have it one year and hate it and love it the next.

The pack was American Kriek, Thirteenth Hour, and New World Tripel.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Originally Posted by pas1216
I had a sam adams once. That say's it all right there.
this made me

Then I saw this
Originally Posted by faithofadragon
i had canadian alcohol once

that says it all right there
and realized he was saying the same thing as you, facetiously.

It's the equivalent of saying, "I once had a taste of wine, I didn't like it, so I don't like wine."

Hell, replace the word WINE with beer, or fruit, or water!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Take it easy guys....beer is like anything else in life. You like some, you despise others. Personally, the Sam October varies for me from year to year. Last year wasn't at it's best, but i'm hoping this year will be on point since there was such an early start.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I find it interesting that it tastes different from one location to the next. If I order it at Chili's, it always tastes nasty, year after year. Anywhere else it's heaven.