Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

my diabetic diet

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door
Default my diabetic diet

as a diabetic, it changed the way i live and eat forever,

i had to avoid the many food i loved to eat, cookies, ice cream, milk, juice, pastries, fried food,

but the good thing is there are alternatives and some aren' t bad tasting

usually for breakfast, i have low carb milk and whole grain wheat cereal, i add a packet of splenda or 2 while i'm at it..and i take my 2 glyburide pills
i also pick up a coffee from starbucks with fat free milk and splenda..other day's, i have 3 egg whites, wheat toast and 3 lean links

for lunch, i try to eat at home, mostly it's lean chicken, a small side of starch "potaters or bread" and a side of vegatables, and a glass of diet soda or water

for dinner, it's usually a chicken or fish, soup and a small bowl of cooked brown barley and kimchi<<gotta love it..and either water or chilled homebrewed unsweetened green tea..and my 2 glyburide

as for drinks..it's only sugar free stuff or water,
sugarfree powerade
diet pepsi, or coke zero
diet dew
homebrewed green tea..stay away from store green tea like lipton or brisk, they have a shitload of High fructose corn syrup and is more bad for u, u won't get health benefits from that...profit hungry drink corporate's trying to cash in on sugary green tea drinks thinking it's fit for a healthy lifestyle?..hah!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

I try to eat alot of chicken as well. And I only drink water. Unless Im eating out, which I dont do that often, and then its only diet.

I found that after I started to just drink water I felt so much better and I had less headaches and more energy, oh and I lost ten pounds. lol Soda is so bad for you..
Old 11-18-2008, 07:30 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Lipton makes a diet green tea with citrus and a white tea with raspberry that are very good. Try diet Dr. pepper too. That's a great tasting no sugar soda.

http://www.sugarlessshop.com/

Look around there as well. I've tried the fruit chew candies in many varieties and they're pretty good. Sugar free has come a long way since I was a little kid.

One other suggestion for you is Dreamfield's pasta's (if you like pasta.) It only carries 5g of digestable carbs per serving, and tastes like normal pasta (not like that whole wheat crap!)

Welcome to my world dude. I've had diabetes for 27 years. If you need any more info, let me know wink.gif