Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Five Guys opens their first drive-thru

Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default Five Guys opens their first drive-thru

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=515554

A Reading woman drove her car through the side of a Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Sinking Spring on Thursday night, showering patrons with glass and forcing them to scramble to safety.

At least one person was taken to a hospital.

The driver, Marcia Conver, 76, was with her granddaughter and two great granddaughters about 6:50 p.m. when the car went through the side of the restaurant in the 3500 block of Penn Avenue.

"We were just parking, and I hit the gas instead of the brake, and it was that fast that I couldn't help it. I just feel so bad," she said.

The number of people injured was not available as police and fire officials on the scene in the Spring Market shopping center declined to comment.

One of the restaurant managers, who asked to be identified only by his first name, Kenneth, said a woman was taken to a hospital for a cut to a leg that appeared serious. Kenneth said there was also a man who was either taken to a hospital or treated by emergency medical technicians at the scene for less-serious cuts.

The man and woman were both customers, he said, and everyone else who was injured just had minor cuts.

Henry Ruffner, 62, of Shillington, who was inside the restaurant, said he was not sure what hit him.

"I was sitting here and texting my son back and forth and having my burger, and all of a sudden I heard this loud noise - an explosion - and I went flying," said Ruffner, who had his elbow wrapped by emergency workers and decided against going to the hospital.

Ruffner wasn't sure if the moving car is what hit him, or tables and chairs that the car pushed around the restaurant.

"It was so quick," he said. "This gentleman jumped over me and said, 'My son, my son.' He jumped onto the hood of the car, believing his son was in front of the car."

Ruffner said both were OK. The man's son appeared to be about 3, he said.

Kenneth said he and one other restaurant manager were there when the accident occurred.

The other manager was a volunteer firefighter and began helping the injured, Kenneth said.

Kenneth said that he could not be sure how long the restaurant would be closed while the business works with its insurance company and has the damage repaired.

"It was just shocking," he said. "I've worked here for a little while, and the last thing I expected to see was a car parked in the dining room."

Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

And still no one will take away her license

You can't! Driving is a "right"