Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Fine Dining

Old 01-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default Fine Dining

What do you consider fine dining when you go to a restaurant? Cost of food? Environment? Celebrity chef? Dress code?

I'm curious because I went to a place the other day that called itself find dining, and even though the bill came to $97 for me and a friend, where were people inside dressed in jeans, hoodies, sweat pants, tshirts, etc. The food wasnt that great, and the decor looked like something from the 70's.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

"fine dining" is over used nomenclature designed to appeal to the modern foodie.

I generally just find places with the type of food I like or that have an interesting concept. If it's a joint that's going to turn me away for jeans and a nice button down then they don't deserve my business. I'm not going to pay $25 just for the appetizer if there's no hook beyond price or snoot.

I've paid $50/person and had a shitty time, and I've paid half that and been blown away. It really depends.