Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Fast food burgers

Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Fast food burgers

No matter how hard I try, I can never get my burgers to taste as good as different fast food places. So that leads to me to ask if there is some online place that sells cases of frozen burgers that are similar to what fast food joints get, so I can make my own whoppers and quarter pounders at home?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Take the patty off and eat it alone. It is barely recognizable as beef (with a couple of exceptions). Taste and texture aren't really like hamburger at all, you're just fooled into thinking it is by the entire package.

Home cooked burgers are better tasting IMO. It isn't bad to start with the pre-prepared frozen patties to save time and effort. What gives the fast food burgers the taste you're after is more the sauce, condiments, and toppings. To get something similar try different sauces and apply more than you think makes any sense while making it. Give hollandaise sauce a try.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

It's 85% beef flavored soy.......that's why they're allowed to call it an all beef patty, but aside from that is far from being a real burger.