Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Cooking fish on the grill

Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby
Default Cooking fish on the grill

I have a question for bdiggy or anyone else who might know. I want to get a couple of salmon filets and tilapia filets and cook them on the grill, but I'm worried that because they're such delicate foods, they will fall apart. So whats the best way to cook them? Do I wrap them in foil and toss them on the grill for awhile or do I chance it put them directly on the grill? You cant really flip them so thats why I think wrapping them in foil is probably the way to go. How long should they stay on? Thanks for the advice you can give.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

With Tilapia, definitely seasoned and foiled. Salmon is easy though. Season and throw it on the grill. The trick with salmon is to leave it be until you can see the brown coming up into the flesh. The common mistake with people messing this up is trying to move the fish to soon and tearing the flesh because it's still stuck to the grate. Also, no additional oil for grilling salmon. Let its natural oils come out and do the work for you. Usu tongs to flip it and just be gentle on the squeeze. It's fragile, but not so much that it can't be handled.