Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

Anyone else noticing their grocery bills getting higher?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tibby
Default Anyone else noticing their grocery bills getting higher?

Consider you buy most of the same stuff each week, has anyone else noticed the costs of groceries getting higher and higher? On average, my bills are about 15-20% higher when I buy much of the same or similar things every weekend.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I don't really pay attention because I gotta buy it either way, but just like my garbage bill, they both claimed an increase due to fuel going way up back in 2012 or whatever. Understandable considering the trucks.... But when prices came back down a year ago to below what they were in a decade, the food/garbage bills never did.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by JonGTR
I don't really pay attention because I gotta buy it either way, but just like my garbage bill, they both claimed an increase due to fuel going way up back in 2012 or whatever. Understandable considering the trucks.... But when prices came back down a year ago to below what they were in a decade, the food/garbage bills never did.

Yep. Here in Vegas, the Taxi Authority just got in a big fight with the Legislature over the "fuel surcharge". The Legislature wanted it removed because it was supposed to be temporary. Taxi companies fought, saying they had gotten used to it being there and budgeted their operations based on having it. Came down to the Legislature telling the Taxi Authority to get rid of it or be disbanned and have control of the taxi companies turned over to the State Legislature. It's gone now.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tib

The only thing I've noticed getting more expensive is certain meat, milk and orange juice. The juice I assume got more expensive because of the hurricanes that hit Florida last year.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

My parents have a "ranch" with a few cows, but it's not really productive. I'm seriously thinking about raising a few of my own just to start packaging my own meat. The cost these days has just gotten unreal.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Inflation. It's part of the cost of living. Everything you need to sustain life will get more expensive as time goes on.