Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen) A forum for all your cooking delights! Post up cooking horror stories, your favorite recipe's, questions, or anything else that relates to what happens in the kitchen!

14 Fast Food and Restaurant Employees Confess the One Item You Should Never Order

Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default 14 Fast Food and Restaurant Employees Confess the One Item You Should Never Order

http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/03/04/...d-never-order/

Of interest and good info to know....
Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Most of this isn't a surprise, and why I refuse to eat fast food for the most part.

The McCafe garbage isn't shocking, but is depressing.

Granted I won't drink that crap, but someone should give half of a sh*t about cleanliness.

One I'll add to the list, ANYTHING fried from a race-day concession stand. I use to work the food trailers at NASCAR races and one of the most vile experiences in life: coming into the first race of the season and finding the congealed 12 inch deep grease pit in the fryer. Its full of bugs and twigs and all kinds of nasty sh*t. Answer, turn on the heat and warm it up, it'll liquefy and start to fry that stuff. Just scoop it off the top once it floats. What about changing the grease? Nah, it's fine. Who knows how many years (literally) it's been in there, but it's fine. That same grease will travel most of the circuit never getting changed, then parked back into storage, uncovered and unprotected for the winter months until next season.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

^ never had anything fried on race day... and that still made me gag
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Oh no! Not frozen donuts, lol.....really? That hardly seems a reason not to eat something compared to most of that list, haha.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I agree with the comments at the bottom of the story. Most of those examples are BS or due to a bad employee at a certain location, it's not true for ALL places.

** I service Slushie/Slurpee machines once in a while- I have NEVER seen mold in one, EVER. That being said..... would I buy a Slushie for myself or anyone I cared about? NO, I've seen the inside of those machines. (same goes for soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt).