The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Youtube censoring vids with music

Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Youtube censoring vids with music

Just saw this from someone I know:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Just to warn you, Youtube is cracking down on music in video's. They just sent me a notification because one of my videos had a Disturbed song on it. They dont press it, but they do mute the audio. You can only use "Youtube Licensed Audio"</div>

Gotta love censorship! headshake.gif BangHead.gif
Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Visionz @ May 2 2009, 03:51 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Just saw this from someone I know:
Gotta love censorship! headshake.gif BangHead.gif</div>

Well, it had to happen sometime. But the GOOD thing is, if they go that far to please the corporations someone will just put up a new site, with a new format, using new wares, to do the same thing. All we have to do is follow where the music goes, DONE. laugh.gif
Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

wow, are you cereal? They watch every one and tell if it's got music?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've had several videos with my audio deleted by Youtube. They use software to analyze your audio I believe.

Also, Facebook is even worse about it. I'm only about 50-50 on Facebook video uploads. They detect it right when I upload them there.

I'm going to buy some royalty free music. Some of it's not that bad (musically or price wise) although I do think an idiot like me who isn't selling anything should be able to sample a song under fair use. That's not my legal opinion on the way the law is written, it's my opinion on how it should be written. I'm also going to commission some local bands to record me some music in exchange for limited licensing rights with the condition that they're credited at the end of my videos.

If anyone knows anyone that makes music and would like some exposure send me the music and their info. I'll add a URL to the credits or whatever they want. I have over 100,000 views on my Youtube videos (not a lot unless you figure in that I have not even tried to optimize my video's exposure) so it would be some good free advertising.