The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why You Should Never Car Too Much About Your Car

Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well guys i actually have had a seriously bad streak here for last few months. so bad infact that i immidately stoped all activity on any hyundai site because of it. so i guess i'll start at the begining and share whats up with me.

bout last month sometime i was over at my moms messing with the tib and when i was done i pulled my car out the garage and went to put my moms blazer back in. well i turn it on, shift to reverse, and next thing i hear is a huge THUD! ........tranny's reverse gear took a shit and of course i was the one driving it. so now my mom is out of a car.....

few days later....

i woke up early to give my moms a ride to work since her car was broken and i was the one in the driver seat. ( i didnt break the blazer, we later found out that the tranny fluid had never been changed once, but my mom only takes her vehicle in to shops for service so when she said check the fluids no one ever did.

so i'm driving over there and i'm few blocks from her house when i notice someone had dropped a french fry on my floor. si start wondering who had dropped it cause A. dont eat frys and B. dont eat in my car nor do i let others eat in there. so i'm digging between the pass. seat and console trying to get this fry out. well i get and it drop it, but get it again. cause i was thinking if i dont get this now i will straight forget about it. so i finnaly get it out. and look up....................tib is totaled. ran right into the back of a late 90's caravan. there was only a scratch on their bumper and less then a fist sized dent on their hatch.oh and i had broken their spare tire mount under the car.

immediately i call 911, everyone makes sure everyone is ok. i was halfway bent down when we hit so my head and neck got f***ed up by the column. so after i get thinking halfway straight and stop crying ( i was in tears like a lil school girl 4real) i tell the other party i dont have insurance ( roommate went to jail back in feb and ever since i had to cover all the bills i havent been able to afford insurance.) so i offer to pay them to fix it.......

well because i'm still not thinking straight i tell them i'll cash them out, only to find out they dont have licenses anyways. so if cops come we are both in trouble (plus i have 10 points so i'll loose license for at least 16months plus fines) so we cancel cops and since i already gave my word on paying them i have to come out $700 dollars right there. the only good part is that instead of loosing my car, loosing my license, loosing around $2000 after court; i instead talked to them and only lost the car and $700.

so i get the car to at least start and drive it to my moms. and i pull off the fenders,hood,bumper. ALL THE TURBY STUFF IS UNTOUCHED, ENIGINE IS UNTOUCHED (aside from penny size dent in header). even the HID's are ok even though the housings are demolished. only perforance thing i lost was my new halfcore radiator (salty but i only payed $75 for it off craigslist). oh and 1 of my new rims got dented but they only cost 100 each.

so now here is the plan......
keep everything
save 3-4k
buy another rd2 and finish the project.

my car was done for the most part but i have this feeling like it was taken before I said that it was finished so i'ma jump back in for another round. i will be entering her in the next COTM if any of you guys would give her the vote i would appricate it. that was the only thing i ever wanted from her was a spot in the calender.

anyways guys i'm not vanishing, i've just been hurt, embarrassed, pre-occupied by this shit.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey dude, I would cry too if my car ended up looking like that. Shit, sorry to see another Tib down... Good luck on the next project. Larrs
Old 07-18-2009, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Sorry to hear this man. I'm glad you're ok and you didn't get in trouble though
Can't you fix it though? It doesn't sound like the damage is THAT bad
Old 07-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

sorry to hear this man, hope everything works out...

glad to hear that you are ok
Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 AM

well the A-frame (where fender bolts too and radiator support on pass side are done. i'll take pics tommarow and post but from what i heard from dealer on the phone it dosent seem like its fixable. i've just been so preoccupied with saving money and i also was planning on buying a new bike so now i gotta see whats up. i'm working to fix my 1100cc kawasaki. so if i get it up and going i'll probably ride that another year, then get the tib body this winter and get it at least drivable by next spring.

but yea i'll at least get some pics tommarow and see what you guys think about fixing it possibly.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

If the frame is damaged like you said, I wouldnt try fixing it. My frame wasnt damaged in my accident and it was still really hard and long fixing my car. (which im glad to say, should be running by the end of today!) And it also wasnt incredibly cheap. If you damaged your frame, I would suggest getting a stock RD for a couple thousand and just transfer over your performance parts.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Glad you are okay man, really. We all get in a decent fender bender now and then, and we all run into those "runs" of bad luck. It'll all get better, let me know if you need anything.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 PM

so thats what it is guys, sorry i didnt get more pics but my camera took a shit on me in the middle of things.

heres some older pics of what she used to look like