Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Why The Tib? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/why-tib-49113/)

alli.s007 08-20-2008 10:16 AM

ouch that sucks 02.gif

badtib2000 08-20-2008 05:39 PM

Well I found out that there is not any cameras at this place, I figured there would be some at the gates but nope. Anyways thats my luck so far...I'll try to fix it soon....

mosul210 12-10-2008 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear about that man. Props to the neighbor for looking out for you interest. I once had a neighbor bang on my door in the middle of the night when some losers where trying to steal the stereo in my car. The repairs set me back $350 and months later they tried breaking into my other car - I have since moved from that location and bought a condo. Anyway, word of advise to all install an alarm if you don't have one on your vehicle. Trust me, it will pay for itself many times fold the first time some loser tries to break in/steal your vehicle.

RedShark_TiBuRoN 12-14-2008 10:07 PM

That sucks man!

ONLY1DB 12-15-2008 07:57 AM

and the body lines on the tib...any litttle ding and its very noticeable!

so why was hte car running rough?

majik 12-15-2008 08:19 AM

Please notice that this thread is from 5 months ago.

Rixshark 12-15-2008 09:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mosul210 @ Dec 10 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway, word of advise to all install an alarm if you don't have one on your vehicle. Trust me, it will pay for itself many times fold the first time some loser tries to break in/steal your vehicle.</div>

The only downside to an alarm is that it only tells you when something bad has happened. I have a 2-way on my Tib, and I live in the basement, so the pager is an GREAT option because I can't hear my siren.....but like I said....when the alarm goes off, the damage is already done.

SOCKS_old 12-15-2008 09:23 PM

IMO alarms are just a false sense of security.. no one pays attention to alarms these days. a good thief will disable it, and most likely they are gonna break a window or w/e anyway.

UrS0NvS 12-15-2008 11:34 PM

when i owned my dropped 87 ranger i had a 2 way pager and it paid for itself in about a week. i had varad stickon car security lights (wish they still made them) that a kid just had to test to se if the truck had a alarm in it, so he decided to kick it. it took me about 6 blocks to run him down since he had about a 200 ft. head start on me but after all was said and done he had done over 500 in damage.

the most rewarding thing: draggin this kid to his parents since i knew who he was and telling his dad what had happened and showed him, the azz whooping commenced...thoroughly lmao.gif .

Bullfrog 12-16-2008 06:46 AM

Reading your post i had a surge of adrenaline just thinking about chasing down that kid that dented my car and giving a thorough beating. But i dont live in the midwest where marshal law can still be had.