The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why I Hate Southern Indiana

Old 11-12-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I hit an incredibly large sized buck today on my scenic drive home at 2 in the afternoon today. We are talking trophy buck mounting material here, this beast had to have been close to 200 pounds, it was monster. For me to hit it at around 45mph dead square in the middle of my car and it went all the way over my car not touching the roof or hatch and hittting the pavement and it getting up and running off into the woods before i even got stopped. I was impressed. But now the tibby looks like ass and one of my clear corners is cracked. But i should get an estimate on it tomorrow from the insurance company. If the bumper gets replaced or repainted should i go with not having the fog inserts replaced or not? One of them is missing and i was wondering how it would look taken out and prepped and painted to match the body better, any suggestions.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats lame. Damaged your car and you didn't even get to put it on the wall as a trophy.

Resilient creatures, them deer. I'd like to see a person get hit by a car at 45mph, get flung through the air, and then run off. lmao.gif
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nice how you didn't kill it! i hit a deer at 5mph one time and its ass went over my hood and it slid on the ground a little, but got up perfectly and trotted off.

contact your insurance co. and have the whole thing back to new.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I bet it is dead about 100 yards in the woods. You should have waited around and then tried to track it. smile.gif Meat and a trophy mount....
Old 11-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Hit mine doing about sixty got his front legs on the corner of my car fair to say his neck probably was snapped on impact whats really messed up is a town cop was going into work about 2 minutes after i hit it that was his truck in the picture that it was loaded into. might see if i can track him down and see if i can get some of the meat from it. havent had venison in a while.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:09 AM

pennsylania has the most deer hits per car in the nation. Last week when I was going out to West Virginia, I saw one get tagged by a Semi doing 80mph on the turnpike.. it turned instantly to meat.. there was not enough left to identify it as a deer.

Hopefully the damage to your car will not be that great. BTW.. my car came with Fog deletes. I added Hella fogs and just left the big opening.. it did not look bad.

That's with the Hella FF100 fog light.. am upclose shot.

And a further away shot
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

WOW....my sunday night really really really sucked. On my way back to Evansville to my apartment late at night i fell asleep with my cruise control on, on the interstate and rearended some guy in a grand am. So that made it 2 wrecks in one day, and my damage is estimated at 3700 dollars right now. And for both wrecks i have to pay 2 deductibles. Im kinda pissed, i think the Tibby is cursed, oh and now im gonna have to buy another set of clear corners because one is cracked and the other is now destroyed. Less damage was done by hitting the grandam than hitting the deer considering there was only about a 10 mph difference in speed with the collision on the interstate.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Nov 13 2006, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>pennsylania has the most deer hits per car in the nation. Last week when I was going out to West Virginia, I saw one get tagged by a Semi doing 80mph on the turnpike.. it turned instantly to meat.. there was not enough left to identify it as a deer.

Hopefully the damage to your car will not be that great. BTW.. my car came with Fog deletes. I added Hella fogs and just left the big opening.. it did not look bad.

That's with the Hella FF100 fog light.. am upclose shot.

And a further away shot</div>

You're damn right. I hate PA lol, Here in Pennsylvania, we play a game called "how much roadkill can you find before we get home?"
Old 11-15-2006, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man, sorry about your luck. Tibs are cursed and have been getting into trouble now for a while. Mine was cursed and that is the reason i don't have it anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Nov 13 2006, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats lame. Damaged your car and you didn't even get to put it on the wall as a trophy.

Resilient creatures, them deer. I'd like to see a person get hit by a car at 45mph, get flung through the air, and then run off. lmao.gif</div>

^^^that made me think about the Dane Cook about the guy getting hit by car and his shoes went flying.

that was awesome.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM

True enough, a lot of tibs have died this year.. including mine