The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

What Should I Do?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alright so last week I commented on the F'in neighbors topic about my f'in neighbors and how they throw a football in the middle of the parking lot and hit cars with no regard. So yesterday they were at it again.... this time they hit my car. First time, the ball bounced off the ground and hit my car causing the alarm to give the warning chirp, so I tell them from my window to get away from my car.....3 mins later my alarm is going off.... This time I yell at them to get the F**k away from my car!!!! Well they start going off on my telling me that they don't care about my car and that they are going to F' my car up that night. So to see if they would leave I let off some of the CO2 from my paintball gun. Well they are smart and leave... but only to comeback and yell some more.

So at this point I'm tired of this so I call the cops. Well the cop comes a while later and obviously tells me he can't do anything but give me a case number/response number, basically saying he came out and why. And he tells me to go talk to management. So I take the card he gave me and go to management, and they figure out that the morons don't live at my complex but one of their g/fs does. They call her and tell they can terminate their lease blah blah blah. Then they tell me they can terminate mine for shooting air at them. (Right.... gun wasn't even pointed at them.. I fired air into my room). SO the lady at the office has the balls to tell me that nothing is going to happen because she knows who it is. I'm like really so just because you know who it is doesn't mean anything, the cop said he has to see them doing it to arrest them. She sticks to her story that since she knows who the kids are that nothing is going to happen to my car.

Well I'm fed up at this point because I can't stand the BS that I'm hearing. So I tell her that my parents want me out and she says I can't get out of my lease... after she tells me they have grounds to terminate it. So basically I walk away and mention that my concealed weapons permit should be on it's way any day now (guns aren't allowed on the property). So obviously I'm not going back to my apt. Last night I had to stay at 01steve's place and tonight I'm looking to stay at my friend's dorm. I have to hop around till Friday when my Spring Break begins and try to figure out what I'm going to do. If some of this was incoherent I'm sorry... I'm just pretty god damn pissed right now.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

get a house. or a vidcam. or both.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Or put paintballs in the gun...

They have to see it right?

Stuff like this is one of the reasons I will never get an apartment. Ill be at home until I can buy a house with someone or whatever. Not worth it to me.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Please look up if your state has a "castle law". If it does and someone is messing with your stuff you have grounds to 'protect' your castle. Next time you see them doing anything just call the cops next time and wait for them to arrive. Yelling out the window only aggravates things.

I dont know if 'Castle Law' apply to apartments.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM

The choice is up to you.. you can ither go the way of the law and not get in trouble...and eventually get it resolved for a while.

Or handle it yourself if you know what I mean... and probly get in trouble.

I couldent tell you what id do if I saw someone playing around my car without a care, and not moving when I talked to them.

I could tell you tho I do have a 3 foot long piece of pipe in my trunk I use as a breaker bar for my lugs...
Its very intimidating. lol
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I found away to get of the lease. The apt. complex was suppose to have security gates for your protection, however, some of these gates have been broken since I moved in soo... well see.

Bullfrog- Thanks looked up the Castle law..... I can sit in my car overnight and if they try to "get in" I have the right to protect myself.... Gotta love living in the South lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Castle Law is for extreme cases but in today's PC world, i dunno if it would hold up to much anymore.

I know its a long read but this could happen as well...

(full story here http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=46963)

A Very Tragic and True Story

Hang on to you hats boys and girls. This may happen here if we don't get off our butts and fight it.

It is now closer to reality than you think. You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear muffled whispers At least two people have broken into your house and are moving your way. With your heart pumping, you reach down beside your bed and pick up your shotgun. You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch toward the door and open it. In the darkness, you make out two shadows.
One holds something that looks like a crowbar. When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike, you raise the shotgun and fire. The blast knocks both thugs to the floor. One writhes and screams while the second man crawls to the front door and lurches outside As you pick up the telephone to call police, you know you're in trouble

In your country, most guns were outlawed years before, and the few That are privately owned are so stringently regulated as to make them useless. Yours was never registered. Police arrive and inform you that the second burglar has died. They arrest you for First Degree Murder and Illegal Possession of a Firearm. When you talk to your attorney, he tells you not to worry: authorities will probably plea the case down to manslaughter.

"What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.

"Only ten-to-twelve years," he replies, as if that's nothing. "Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."

The next day, the shooting is the lead story in the local newspaper. Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric vigilante while the two men you shot are represented as choirboys. Their friends and relatives can't find an unkind word to say about them. Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times. But the next day's headline says it all: "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die." The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters. As the days wear on, the story takes wings. The national media picks it up, then the international media. The surviving burglar has become a folk hero.

Your attorney says the thief is preparing to sue you, and he'll probably win. The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack of effort in apprehending the suspects. After the last break-in, you told your neighbor that you would be prepared next time. The District Attorney uses this to allege that you were lying in wait for the burglars.

A few months later, you go to trial. The charges haven't been reduced, as your lawyer had so confidently predicted. When you take the stand, your anger at the injustice of it all works against you. Prosecutors paint a picture of you as a mean, vengeful man. It doesn't take long for the jury to convict you of all charges.

The judge sentences you to life in prison.

This case really happened.

On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and wounded a second. In April, 2000, he was convicted and is now serving a life term.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I'd have to agree with Blue, Those F**KERS aren't worth fines of jail time. And same goes for the bar, but mine's an 18 inch piece of 3/8 steel tubing, hockey taped on one end. Same effect, faster swing.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Bullfrog- That's the sad truth sometimes. It's unbelievable how many times the criminals are made out to be saints, and you are deemed a criminal.

Nos/Jorge- I also carry a "breaker bar".

Stocker- I've been thinking of a camera.... but I just can't picture the images being clear enough to be useful.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I live in a apartment as well. I'm dealing with the neighbors below me smoking dope. I've talked to him several times, notified his gf's family a few times (they have a 18 month old daughter in the house while the are smoking) and nothing seems to come out of it. he even promised me last week that he would stop, only to start back up two days later and can tell pretty much that it is 8 pm like clockwork cause of the smell that starts every night around that time.

I just got done talking to my landlord today, he is giving him a "ultimatem call".

I'm not scared of the little twit one bit, he is like 130 lbs. soaking wet, i'm pushing 220lbs. i feel like if i confront him one more time i will be going to jail or if anything else happens, my property will be vandalized and the little prick cant afford to pay for it.

waiting it out right now is what i will be doing.