The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

What pisses you off?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(i8acobra @ Jan 7 2009, 07:49 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I have a "3 flashes" rule when in a commercial vehicle.</div>

You're kind. By the third flash, I'm already moving into their lane.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I treat truck drivers the same way I treat other motorists. If you're just trying to move along in traffic getting somewhere I'll always let you over. If you're driving around like you own the road and/or expect me to move out of the way due to your poor planning or overly agressive lane changes hoping to get ahead I won't budge. I'm not intimidated when a truck tries to come over into my lane. It'll either hit me or not. If it does it'll be his fault. To date none of them have hit me, although only maybe 2% of the trucks trying to come into my lane were driving like dicks so it's only rare that I won't move for them. It's probably 25% of regular motorists that I won't move over for though.

I hate when anyone acts like they own the road. Trucks, emergency vehicles (with no lights/sirens), motorcycles, bicyclists, or whoever. It's not your road, and any opinion otherwise is utter bullshit.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 02 accent

Having to look busy at work when I'm not. I'd rather be home unpaid already.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jan 8 2009, 01:30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I treat truck drivers the same way I treat other motorists. If you're just trying to move along in traffic getting somewhere I'll always let you over. If you're driving around like you own the road and/or expect me to move out of the way due to your poor planning or overly agressive lane changes hoping to get ahead I won't budge. I'm not intimidated when a truck tries to come over into my lane. It'll either hit me or not. If it does it'll be his fault. To date none of them have hit me, although only maybe 2% of the trucks trying to come into my lane were driving like dicks so it's only rare that I won't move for them. It's probably 25% of regular motorists that I won't move over for though.

I hate when anyone acts like they own the road. Trucks, emergency vehicles (with no lights/sirens), motorcycles, bicyclists, or whoever. It's not your road, and any opinion otherwise is utter bullshit.</div>

Not a great idea. I'd rather give up the right of way and be alive than a corpse with the right of way. You get hit by a semi, you're not going to be suing anyone. Your estate might, but not you. Keep in mind, you may think it was poor planning, but it could just be that he's not familiar with the area and just realized that's his exit coming up. Most owner/driver's have nav units, but many company drivers don't.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

It pisses me off when the boss says that the company can't afford to anything but then hires two more people...
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(i8acobra @ Jan 8 2009, 05:07 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Not a great idea. I'd rather give up the right of way and be alive than a corpse with the right of way. You get hit by a semi, you're not going to be suing anyone. Your estate might, but not you. Keep in mind, you may think it was poor planning, but it could just be that he's not familiar with the area and just realized that's his exit coming up. Most owner/driver's have nav units, but many company drivers don't.</div>
In other words, it was poor planning. Exits are almost always numbered. If they're spacing out too much to realize that their numbered exit is coming up screw them.

Trading paint with a semi on the highway in a subcompact isn't my idea of a good time, but if someone thinks they need my piece of road that badly I will hold my ground where I could take a shove and come out fine. If it'll shove me off a cliff or into oncoming traffic or something I will just move, but short of that screw them. What I'll usually do is get up very close to them if they start trying to claim my lane.

I am very aware of extenuating circumstances and what it takes to maneuver a semi as I have done it before. It's only when drivers are being idiots that I don't go out of my way to let them get around wherever they feel the need to go.

A lot of people driving big rigs are idiots who don't pay attention and have a total disregard for the safety of others and the rules of the road. I know because I use to work with them and socialize with them. It's a low percentage, but it's still a high number. I also use to be on the CB all the time and some of the bullshit moves the truckers would pull and laugh about absolutely disgusted me.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent GS

When people speed up when you are trying to get in the next lane then when you slow down they slow down, when people go flying pass you jump in your lane ( when there is no reason to) and slow down.
When people fly up on your ass and when you move over they go the same speed you are.
when people slow down to see the accident on the other side of the freeway.
I could do this all day.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

when people say they'll call you back and NEVER do.....
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

sleep.gif I hate when that happens. sleep.gif
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Everything.....Naw I agree with that whole road dicks. people who think they are the only ones on there and do stupid manuvers to compensate for their lack of brains..