The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Well Well Well.....

Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right. What a wonderful saturday morning. Heading towards enmark at about 1AM I took a turn at a moderate speed, but was apparently to fast for my tires to grip. I hit the brakes...but being non-ABS I skidded straight into a curb. (Wheel turned left). Blew both airbags out, severely scraped my rim, Bent the HELL out of the right front control arm, bent up the right front fender, and the passenger air bag busted my windshield. The right front tire is pushed in and back. Come to find out.. the curve had sand all over the road in one spot.... So after all the incident reports tow truck and all...I sit here thinking about The Tib at Kendricks lot. I dont have pictures unfortunatly. Damn. lol. What a night. Oh and by the way, the tire never blew out. I was wondering maybe how much yall would think this might all run. I'll find out later for sure, just wondering a ballpark figure. I found the control arm for 79$, tie rod 19$, TR end 11$, Strut 123$. The body work is what is going to be EXPENSIVE.
Let your comments flow...
OH..
and

**DRIVE CAREFULLY***! 02.gif
Old 06-27-2009, 05:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

hate to tell you but with that much damage, the age of our cars, and finally insurance companies if you have full coverage, they will probably totally it.

my car is on a salvage title, the prior owner hit the azz end of a f350 with a tow hitch. insurance company said it was 4k in damage, actually cost 1000 to repair it.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 AM

I do have full coverage. Honestly in parts it isnt over 500$. Bodywork is what is going to rocket up. Is body work included in the price to determine if it will be totaled?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yes
Old 06-29-2009, 08:15 PM

They totaled it. I'm looking for a fox body GT now.. hehe. I'll miss my tib..... I know i'm going to go get my neons and radio out of it. I'll see the rule on taking what. They said I had to put my rear seats back in and all....IDK why....
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I would try to buy the car from the insurance company, you should be able to by paying what a wreck yard would.

I doubt the repair would cost that much, esp. if you do some of the work. Like you said, bodywork can cost a lot but remember you can also replace body parts (you can get another fender for like $50-100)

Why don't you post some pictures of the damage so we can better see how bad it is. Perhaps you can get another evaluation to prevent them from totaling it? Or maybe even fix it out of pocket if you really like your car and wanna keep it
Old 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM

I like my tib. It was a great car, but I'd rather get a GT. fing02.gif I thought about buying it back as a parts car for any RD2 owners needing parts. Everything is perfect in the car except the right side front suspension and fender and hood. Perfect motor, header, exhaust, speakers, seats, gauge cluster, etc.... But insurance hasnt given me a buy back price. I dont even know if my mom would let me. lol. I'll sure miss the gas mileage laugh.gif .