The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Are We Going To Ever Have A Cotm Again?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Not that I don't mind looking at Sunkist's tib, but isn't it time for something else? We're on two months now no polls, did it get turned into a quarterly thing?

Or has there been a lack of time. I know I'm not around that much but if it's a "no free time" thing, even though I'm not that computer literate(read:e-tarded), I'd be willing to donate my time if necessary.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

We had a thread to see who had interest in COTM. Everybody wanted to keep it.

We had 2 entries in January.
We had 2 entries in February.
We had 3 entries in March.
We had 1 entry in April.

While I would like for everyone to be able to participate in the COTM contests, I don't like the idea of cars winning by default (no competition).
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

^^Agreed.

I would like to know though, what are the stipulations for entering a COTM again if you've won in the past. I won in October of 2008. Since then I've done some big upgrades to the car. Carbon sunroof, carbon painted spoiler, new sound system, 16G Turbo upgrade off an EVO VIII. Looking to do some more lighting and interior upgrades this summer. Can I enter for a car of the month? I bet there may be other members who are still upgrading their cars who have won in the past, but dont feel they can re-enter. I'd re-enter if It'll help keep the COTM alive.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Well heck then, I'll look up the criteria and enter too!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

If we don't have a car of the month "contest", perhaps we can simply have a featured car of the month for whomever wants to take it. Still display it on the front page, based on first dibs, and can only be featured once every six months or once a year to not dominate the first dibs rule. I know when it comes to the COTM contest entries have been down, and votes have been low, so that may be a good solution.

In either case, I will be up for entering my car in a couple months; just have a few more things to do before I unveil my car to the community.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

as far as i know of the rules state you can be COTM twice, COTY once. after COTY you can't enter again ever.

Tom, as much as you have done since the last i don't see why not truthfully.

even though i support anyone wanting to get involved with COTM, i feel it just to be right that you have done some major changes after winning COTM once to be considered again to try for it again. picking the exact same car twice, IMO, is not cool.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I have to go verify in the rules, but to give you a quick response --> I think we've asked that people wait 12 calendar months before entering COTM after winning, mostly to ensure everyone has a chance to be in the calendar for the year.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

i honestly think that the site doesn't have the same amount of traffic it did a year or two ago.

or at least active participating members.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Regardless, I still think there is a number of folks who visit. I also think there are a number of members who are still "shy" about posting their car if its not "complete." And, obviously there is interest in seeing COTM live on to some extent since we are posting in this thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Bummer..