The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

A VERY SAD DAY FOR MY ACCENT NOOOOO =[

Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent
Default A VERY SAD DAY FOR MY ACCENT NOOOOO =[

So as i was leaving petsmart today...

I was turning right and there was a black bmw suv in front of me and he was "out too far" in the intersection so he decided to go head and pop it in reverse and smash into my front end ruining my hood and bumper and headlight is pushed in. bow like i said this should have never fucking happened because i was like a good 4 feet away from him. I wasnt aware he was actually gonna fucking hit me or i would have punched it to make it worse. He told me that "its fine, hoods for these things are only 90 dollars" and he also said he owns a body shop and has owned it for 20 years. we'll see how well you can order that 90 dollar hood and fix my bumper cause its "not that bad" F*CK this i just got hids and a system i dont even know what to tell this dude. fml goodnight. fire1.gif mad.gif
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 AM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

That sucks! Don't let him fix it at his own shop. call his insurance company and make him pay for it.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slyderdai @ Jul 27 2009, 07:16 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>That sucks! Don't let him fix it at his own shop. call his insurance company and make him pay for it.</div>
this.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

^can't stress that enough. if it was a hot 22 year old who would bang you if you promised not to file an insurance claim, then and ONLY then will I give you the okay to not file a claim. but even then, in my hypothetical case you should just hit it and THEN file a claim.

F*CK this sleazy dude and his shop. find an quality ($$$) repair place.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ereeves116 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:29 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>^can't stress that enough. if it was a hot 22 year old who would bang you if you promised not to file an insurance claim, then and ONLY then will I give you the okay to not file a claim. but even then, in my hypothetical case you should just hit it and THEN file a claim.</div>

we have a winner. cool.gif
Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slyderdai @ Jul 27 2009, 07:16 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>That sucks! Don't let him fix it at his own shop. call his insurance company and make him pay for it.</div>

report it to his insurance company. call his insurance company personally. hopefully you dont have the same insurance as him so you can chew them out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ereeves116 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:29 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>^can't stress that enough. if it was a hot 22 year old who would bang you if you promised not to file an insurance claim, then and ONLY then will I give you the okay to not file a claim. but even then, in my hypothetical case you should just hit it and THEN file a claim.

F*CK this sleazy dude and his shop. find an quality ($$$) repair place.</div>

could not agree more.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I agree with everyone.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 02 accent

I was dating a gal who got in a wreck one time and the at fault party wanted to just give her a newer ride from his dealership. That made sense to me, as he wanted to keep insurance out of things. I'd be ok with that as long as he treated her fair.

My g/f @ the time wasn't real bright, so I went along, just to make sure she didn't get cheated. I told her I wouldn't pick out her car for her ('cuz someday down the road she'd blame me when she wasn't happy with the car,) but that I wouldn't allow her to get a car that was too crappy.

The d'bag from the dealership just guessed at the value of her car pre-accident, and would only give her a car that he thought was equal value. Problem was he only guessed about 60% of blue book for her car, and refused to give her something better than that. So he kept offering her something with obvious body flaws, (that's fine, as long as it ran, and was street legal) but they all had things making them cop magnets (cracked windshields, broken taillights, no mirrors, etc.).

My point is: that the other guy may seem to be making a reasonable trade, but I guarantee he's looking for a way to save money, which means you'll get substandard treatment and any shortcuts he thinks he can get away with. Get the insurance company involved.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Same SH*T happened to me... Guy backed into me (in my Frontier), offered me $200 (for over a grand in damage), then wanted to fix it at his Dodge body shop...