The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tib Maybe Be Done For Good

Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I would have posted this sooner, but I had to get somethings in order so i would be able to have transporation to and from work(NAVY).

While on Monday I had quaters in Norfolk, VA so went up there got done and was bull#@iting around with my friends...well the sky just turn black in a matter of minutes and then started pooring raining, i mean really pooring raining...so just hung around for a little bit longer because i needed to talk to one of the civilians that work at my command about pay that the navy overcharged me on my pay, so they took money from me(the military takes for ever giving you money that they owe you...but gets there money when you owe then)...

Well after not being able to talk to the civilian and wanting to go home because it was my day off...it was still raining but not as bad...well i leave the parking lot and turn onto another street, well the rain was flooding the street and it was a truck already behind me, so not really thinking clearly, i kept driving well the water was alot deeper then i thought and i stalled out in the street...

Well then me and my friend that i was going to take to the barracks because he lived on base, had to get out and push my car out of it...so we get it out of the street and we are smokers so i smoked a cig before i went back to the car...well after calming down some what...i took off my CAI and i when i did i saw a small poddle of water in the TB before the butterfly...so i open it and what do i see nothing but water, so i just leave it and go walk back to the building to call my insurance company...well the same street that was flooded was not no more about 30 minutes later...

So lucky i have full coverage insurance and flood damage is covered under it...so its going to cost me 500 dollars...money i did not have cause of the Navy shorting me on my pay...So now im just in the waiting game on the insurance company to see what they are going to do...

The even better part of it is that i would have the TIB paid off in January

I will keep you guys updated on the situation...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

mwood get the military to help you out. i know the af had a program called af aid, its a no interest loan that comes out of ur pay alil at a time see if there is a similar program for u there should be, but dont give up man
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 AM

yeah the navy has them too...but i took out a loan already so im good...just waiting on the insurance company now
Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I can find a Beta and fill it all up with fluids for far less than $500.

Try swapping the motor if it's really gone and dont claim it on the insurance.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 AM

the thing is this is my only car
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

well, the insurance wont total it out.. its just the engine thats damaged.. even if you make a claim.. new engine for you.. if you don't make a claim and just buy a used engine, you will have a lower mileage engine in the car..

if your covered under insurance, they wont total it out for that, not enough $$ to total it out.

sorry to hear about your troubles.. no more puddle driving.. if your car was up in detroit, me and dan could come over on a weekend and swap the motor for ya.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Well i heard back from the insurance company too day and there are going to give me another engine smile.gif ...i am so happy...all i have to pay is the deductible of $500...so atleast i do not have to worry about losing the TIB cause i enjoy driving this car...Also because i will have it paid off in four more payments

i have to go to the shop tomorrow and fill out some paper work and then we go from there...

Im going to see if they can put the OBX pullies, OBX adjustable cam spocket, and new belts and i just purchase a new clutch from south bend and they said they are going to put that on as well...and see if they will tranfer over my Intake and TB spacers i have on the car as well

And i going to tell them that i want my head and intake manifold back off the of the motor that is in the car...so when i get some extra money i can have work done to them...

So I will keep you guys in the loop
Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM

well i heard back from the repair shop on my car and they should it is ready smile.gif ...

I wish i was not a work right now to go get it but i am mad.gif ...so i will go get tomorrow morning and test drive it before i get it from them...

they said that they could not put on the OBX pullies i give them "cause they did not fit" but that is a lie...so i will worry about those later...probably have one of my boys help me with the obx crank and power steering pulley and sell the obx adjustable cam sprocket...cause im going boosted after i come back from Cuba (in Navy).

and im going to get the 1.8L cam out of the engine...so newer engine in the tib with a south bend clutch so im happy that it did not get total out...now im not driving in the rain no more
Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah a little water in the engine won't really do harm. my dad sprayed his engine with water once and it caughed and caughed for a few days but nothing bad. still runs like new.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Im confused. What exactly happened to the engine other than water getting in? Becuase if water in the cylinders was the only problem you could have had it fixed for far less than $500.

The same thing happened to me and I fixed it for free. I had 2 out of 4 cylinders completely full of water and that was about 3-4 months ago. I have no problems with it now and no loss of power.

But I suppose you are getting a newer engine with fewer miles out of it so I guess you still win lol.