The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tib Down And Out For A Bit..

Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, yesterday, i got the rude awakening of a nice shredded tire.. i had a nail in my tire recently so i had to fill the air up in it every week or so, then i got a tire repair kit from autoskank, and it worked ok. tire held pressur efor about week and a half til i had to get it up again. went down like 10psi in week and a half.. so yesterday, i smell burning rubber. WTF?!?!?! im cruising, not launching.. get outta car, examine tire.. theres like melted rubber on my rim.. oooooooook.. tire pressure doesnt look tooo low, air for tire is 1 mile ahead, so i decide ima fill this b**** up and let her rest. get about .5 mile from gas station, ride is rougher.. SHYTTTTT. get to gas station, tire is halfway off rim 02.gif rim isnt damaged tho. rode on the last of the rubber. the tire didnt blow from a leak, the whole inside of the tire, was dry rotted from sitting (6 months over the winter) fock

nothing like cruising home with 3 17's, body kit, and turbo, and a focking donut.. i gots owned.gif so now i misewell replace all four, if not just the two rear tires, which will cost a pretty penny. fock. then the exhaust cracks on my grand am, and sounds ricerriffic. 02.gif right when i was gonna sell it and pick up an accent.. bah fock.

the only good that comes from it, i have a chance to fix my exhaust, fix my suspension (end link), install my new gauges, re fab my triple gauge pillar. otherwise, id be like work on car, or drive car.. driving always wins, now that its down, i cant drive..

and to make it all better, i cut up my stock tires, cuz i was getting rid of rims, and the sale fell thru. they only wanted the rims, and the tires arent worth a damn, but woulda helped in this situation. so i have my nice rd2 rims i coulda swapped on, but the tires are halfway cut up and off.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

that sucks. same thing happened to me earlier this summer when I went to cedar point back in june. I was coming down a hill and said, do you smell rubber, hopefully I'm not about to loose a belt. then I pulled over and it was rather flat (hadn't been loosing air or anything).

Got tires in Marietta, oh at a place called river city river. I was rather happy because I was going to just get another set of kumho 711's which they said were $70 a piece installed and balanced. But when I got there they ended up not having any and I got kumho supra 712's for the same price. (apparently the 711 is being discontinued, look at tirerack now, alot of sizes aren't available anymore) Which is really cheap considering that the same price I would have to pay on tirerack just to get them sent to my house. A local place here was trying to sell them to me for like $95 installed a piece.