The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tailgaters

Old 09-11-2003, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tailgating.
I hate tailgaters. Tailgating is not ticketed enough by the police. IMO tailgating is the cause most accidents. If you hit another car chances are you were following too close and could not find an exit fast enough. Yesterday morning I was riding to work on my motorcycle. I watched a honda CRV catch flight. The driver had been following inches off the bumper of the car he hit. Luckily for him, he lived. I get tailgated in my car and on my bike. I do not drive slow. People are just too impatient to get by me, and then the next car, and so on. Where is the "spy hunter" oil slick when you need it............ so if you tailgate, please give me a break and relax,
Old 09-11-2003, 02:59 PM

Default Tailgaters

i'm so tempted to rig an oil slick thing on my car just to screw the guy tailgating me.

but then everyone that drives there is gonna get it..

UNLESS.. i also rig up a button that drops some absorb-all on the ground.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:52 PM

People ARE idiots when it comes to tailgating. I can remember driving the 26 foot box truck that was my job.. I knew there was somebody behind me, I could see his shadow on the ground behind the truck.. but he was so close I could not see it.. Eventually I pulled off, I got fed up with him back there (this was a back road, not the highway.. it was a full size Chevy Blazer! He was so close to my back bumper, he was near invisible.

Just today, I almost got rearended in my tib by a caravan. Going down the main street here in town (which never reaches the 25mph speed limit because of all the cars and pedestrians) when the line of cars I was in stopped to allow the first car in line to park... the guy in the vanagon was some four car lengths behind me... and didn't notice we had all stopped until it was almost too late.. I heard him lock the wheels (from about 20mph) and watched the nose dive as he came to a halt quite close to my back bumper.

I agree.. tailgating is worse than speeding in causing accidents, whatever happened to one car length for ever ten mph?
Old 09-11-2003, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tib

i hate when ppl do it to me i just go even slower and watch them get pissed when i'm going like 30 in a 45 then speed up when they pass me lol.gif
Old 09-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

uhm... am I the only one who read the topic and thought this was related to football season?

but yeah... I had an RX8 today catch up to me then get behind me and ride my ass... pissed me off, he could have gotten in the next lane and pass but I think he just wanted to race and show me how fast his nice little car was (stupid professors)... anyways I was doing 55 in a 50 and slowed down to 40 and he finally pulled around, revving as he passed
Old 09-12-2003, 05:47 AM

People are just stupid.. you did the right thing in making him pass you.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:07 PM

hey has anyone ever seen that "show" hatch 92-95 civic??? with the flip down licenes plate???
let me look for a pic
Old 09-12-2003, 10:36 PM

no, I do not think I have even heard of it.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:36 PM

An update on the tailgating theme. I was riding to work on my motorcycle last week, on the highway within 500 meters of each other there were 3 different accidents. All rear-enders. One set of 3 cars, 2 sets of 2 cars. They were all standing outside their cars looking at them, scratching their heads as if to thing "what happened" Well if you weren't following 6 inches off the bumper in front of you, you might have been able to stop in time, smart guy! sorry, just my rant for the week. The gripes section has been silent for a week or so, thought I would rant a little.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

haha good one. when people tailgate me, i like to piss them off by going a lot slower, then when they try to pass me by, i revv up and zoom! hahaha that feel so good.

but then again, there's always those grandpa's and granny's that drive a mercedes S class at 20km/h on a 50km/h road....damn...those people you can't avoid to tailgate, i mean you're tailgating them before you even realize it! haha