The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This sucks >.<

Old 02-20-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default This sucks >.<

Man, I am soo pissed right now.... Ok, when I first got my liscence w/in the first yr I got 5 tickets, the last 3 yrs its been clean! Until this week! 2 tickets in 3 days! 1 ticket was criminal speeding(20+ over). Its ****ing BS. This morning when I got one SOME ****ER WAS BEHIND ME AND WHEN THE COP FLIPPED A b****(OVER A HILL, SO HE COULDNT SEE) THE DUDE RAN OFF ON TO A DIRT ROAD. Cop caught up to me and I guess I was the next one in line so I got pulled >.< Damn...Insurrance is allready $1500 every 6/mo... I wonder how much it will be after these 2 beauties...
Old 02-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Dude, i thought I was unlucky!
My tickets haven't caught up to me yet though because my insurance hasn't rolled over yet.

My suggestion, move to Gautemala or New Zealand or something (Canada if your afraid of change) and start over with clean insurance.....lol

The tiburon does kind of "stand out" from a cop's point of view. Plus a friend of mine was going to get a red 2001 but when she got insurance quote there was a "red flag" on that car/color combo and insurance quote automatically went up (she didn't even have any tickets)....so yeah.....tibs don't get along with insurance policies (especially when lead-foot driveres are driving them!!wink1.gif)
Old 02-21-2005, 05:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, i thought I was unlucky!
My tickets haven't caught up to me yet though because my insurance hasn't rolled over yet.

My suggestion, move to Gautemala or New Zealand or something (Canada if your afraid of change) and start over with clean insurance.....lol

The tiburon does kind of "stand out" from a cop's point of view. Plus a friend of mine was going to get a red 2001 but when she got insurance quote there was a "red flag" on that car/color combo and insurance quote automatically went up (she didn't even have any tickets)....so yeah.....tibs don't get along with insurance policies (especially when lead-foot driveres are driving them!!wink1.gif)</div>

Which is lame...b/c Tibs are slow as hell. 02.gif

And what sucks more is that "pull-me-over red" is a deadly cover to have.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Heh, I must have a way with the police. I've gotten out of all the tickets when I've been pulled over. I do hide from the cops though like that dude that went on the dirt road. tongue.gif It works most of the time. If you see them follow you onto the road, your screwed and stop right then. You can just say you pulled over because you knew they had got ya. tongue.gif
Old 02-21-2005, 06:18 AM

it can't hurt to take it to court, Ham.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:39 AM

Someone said 'traffic court' or whatever it's called is pointless, because nobody listens to you.
Sounds about right to me, but I've never been there so I wouldn't know.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Traffic court isint pointless. There are many things that can go right by just going. If the cop dosent show up, you win. You are innocent unless the cop can prove otherwise. Most judges will lower the ticket.

I had a 50 in a 35 about 2 years ago. I showed up to fight it and before I even sat down the judge said okay, do you both agree to 5mph over, no points? YEP! smile.gif
Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 AM

Take defensive driving..it'll remove one of the tickets. Also, you can ask for trial by jury, it's a pain in the ass for the court to do just for a traffic ticket. I have friends that have used this where I live and have had the ticket dropped.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Again...i dont understand how all of you pay such high insurance, im one of the youngest guys here and i have 600$ per 6 months, I do have a clean record and good student discount, plus my tib has imaginary abs which also helps about $70. I have never been stoped by a cop, well just once actualy i was going through a local residants only zone and a cop was posted there so i drive up and im like "i need to get to the other side of Army Trail Road Sir" and he starts saying how the lights on my car are illegal (refering to my xenon HIDish headlights are illegal and the washer nozzle blue lights and starts b****ing about it then tells me to u turn and get the hell out of there. my tib stands out exceptionaly, not only is it bright red, but the loud muffler and the washer nozzles, and all the extra lights on my car. I usualy go into a side street and park in the first available driveway or w/e is nearest if im being like extra carefull cuz i saw a cop not long ago or something, thats only happened like once or twice. btw Criminal speeding? lmao sweet. i could only imagine what i would have got when i did 120ish down lake st (35mph speed limit on a 3 lane roadway thats totaly empty always with no buildings or pedestian areas around it for over 15miles).
Old 02-21-2005, 09:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

do you have full coverage kit?

and traffic court is definately NOT pointless. make sure you go.